Before you ask please READ THIS

post to lightbox album

edited January 2014 in Hypershot Posts: 37
Hello, I love the theme, and apologies for my bits and pieces questions. Just working through. I did a search but couldn't find anything specific- Is there a way to make a post gallery work like the album lightbox feature? I know you can create a slider, but would love to know if you can create a lightbox gallery with multiple image from a post. Thank you.

Comments

• AirAir
    edited January 2014 Posts: 10,970
    Post edited by Air on
    Thank you, yes I've used that, only I've noticed it no longer lets jetpack enable mosaic and tiling, is there some css you could point me to work around? Thank you.
  • AirAir
    I think not, cause we have overwritten default wordpress gallery so it would work better. This may be the reason why it is not working. However you can try to disable our code and see does it works good for you.

Go to hypershot\advance\shortcodes\gallery.php and remove last line from that file:
    add_filter( 'post_gallery', 'apollo13_shortcode_gallery', 10, 2 );
    With regards.
    wow, amazing, it works.. I wonder will it break anything else.? Do you have any ideas? I have checked your albums and they work.
    Thank you for the prompt fix.
    And just to be clear, is there no way to put one of your beautiful albums in a post?
    Thank you again,
    or could it be possible to link to album, from a featured image on blog page, not just from a text link. I may be asking the impossible, but thought I'd give it a go. Thank you and applause.
    And really, thank you, it's an amazing theme and you do a wonderful job of support.
  • AirAir
    Thank you for your kind opinion:-)
    kper said: I wonder will it break anything else.? Do you have any ideas?
    It won't.
    kper said: And just to be clear, is there no way to put one of your beautiful albums in a post?
    You can display it as background of post as far as I remember. Album is post by it self for wordpress, so rather no easy other way then those included in theme.

With regards.
    kper said: or could it be possible to link to album, from a featured image on blog page, not just from a text link
    It would require some bigger customization to do that. I will mark this topic, and think about it, but I don't promise anything:-)

With regards.
    Wonderful, Thank you!
    Hi Air,
    I'm sorry to bother you, but the responsiveness of my posts page seems to have disappeared. I've back tracked and removed anything I was uncertain about, but can't seem to find it. Is there any where I should look?
    Thank you again.
    ah, dont' worry, I found it. Jetpack plugin, stops the responsive nature of the front page. No idea why!
  • AirAir
    Me neither:-)
    Please stop asking different question in one topic, thanks:-)
    read more here

With regards.
    Sorry...
    I am a fairy.
  • AirAir
    Custom link for posts option is added in new version 1.6. I hope we will release it today:-)

With regards.
    YEs I saw, Thank you! Such a great theme!
    Hi Air,
    I've just updated to the latest version, but now my jetpack mosaic isn't working as it was, even after i remove the line, like above:
    add_filter( 'post_gallery', 'apollo13_shortcode_gallery', 10, 2 );
    I really need to use the circular galleries available in jetpack.
    Thank you,
    Karla
  • AirAir
    So how can I help you? Any cache plugin installed?

With regards.
    Hi Air,
    It's showing broken links to the works when I remove the code from the gallery.php file. I''m not sure why?
  • AirAir
    Show me - live link.
    Hi Air,
    Don't worry, again, I realise it's a problem with jetpack.
    Have a good day.
  • AirAir
    If you say so ;-) Have a good day also :-)

With regards.
    Just one other question, the reason I was using the other plugins for galleries is you can't insert and album into a post.. but maybe this has changed now with your updates? Or is it still the case that the albums can only be on the gallery page. THanks,
    Apologies, it is still misbehaving. Here is a link to the page, I've reactivated jetpack as it wasn't making any difference. You mentioned caches, I'm not sure how or where to clear the cache. I'm trying to use AJax thumbnail rebuild at the moment, but I have many images, so it will take a while. I hope it's clear to you what is going wrong, thanks,
    Oh the link, this is one page not working:
    http://karlapringle.com/face-of-cydonia/
    update: i've turned off tiled galleries in Jetpack, and it's working again. Don't worry about this. But could you let me know if there is anyway to put one of your lovely albums in a post. Thank you.
  • AirAir
    Hello

Albums are still albums, and post are still posts;-) Nothing changed, and albums are not embedable in posts.

With regards.