Before you ask please READ THIS

post details and links

edited February 2012 in Airborn Posts: 10
Hi Support,
i need help with the minor changes. Please suggest about the below changes and solution

on every blog post , posting details appear above the text , is it possible to have these details at the end of the post , like: Date, time, By , posted in, tags etc ( please see the attached screenshot)

And

Is it possible that when user click on article link , currently it leaves that page , can it be changed that user click on article , then it opens in a new window rather than on same window

Lastly,

when i enter the link of website (mainpage) on facebook status to share mainpage with my friends, it automatically pick the picture from one of the post , not from mainpage or not logo .. and also the description from the inside post .. can it be changed ?

Thanks for the continuous help and support.
airborn-sc1.png
947 x 631 - 108K
Post edited by aamir on

Comments

• AirAir

Hi there

moving posting details
    edit airborn/loop.php
    search for

<div class="blogDate">
                    <?php
                        _e( 'Date: ', TPL_SLUG);
                        $airborn->posted_on();
                    ?><span>-</span>
                    <?php $airborn->posted_in(); ?><span>-</span>
                    <?php echo __( 'Comment(s):', TPL_SLUG ) . ' <a href="' . get_comments_link() . '" title="">' . get_comments_number() . '</a>'; ?>
                    <?php edit_post_link( __( 'Edit', TPL_SLUG ),'<span>|</span> ' ); ?>
                </div>
                <div class="blogText">
                    <?php if ( is_archive() || is_search() ) : // Only display excerpts for archives and search. ?>
                        <?php the_excerpt(); ?>
                        <div class="clear"></div>
                        <?php echo '<div class="blogMore"><a href="'. get_permalink() . '" class="button">' . __( '<span class="meta-nav">Read more</span>', TPL_SLUG ) . '</a></div>'; ?>
                    <?php else : ?>
                        <?php the_content( __( '<span class="meta-nav">Read more</span>', TPL_SLUG ) ); ?>
                        <?php wp_link_pages( array( 'before' => '<div class="page-link">' . __( 'Pages:', TPL_SLUG ), 'after' => '</div>' ) ); ?>
                    <?php endif; ?>
                </div>

and change it to

<div class="blogText">
                    <?php if ( is_archive() || is_search() ) : // Only display excerpts for archives and search. ?>
                        <?php the_excerpt(); ?>
                        <?php echo '<div class="blogMore"><a href="'. get_permalink() . '" class="button">' . __( '<span class="meta-nav">Read more</span>', TPL_SLUG ) . '</a></div>'; ?>
                    <?php else : ?>
                        <?php the_content( __( '<span class="meta-nav">Read more</span>', TPL_SLUG ) ); ?>
                        <?php wp_link_pages( array( 'before' => '<div class="page-link">' . __( 'Pages:', TPL_SLUG ), 'after' => '</div>' ) ); ?>
                    <?php endif; ?>
                </div>
    <div class="blogDate">
                    <?php
                        _e( 'Date: ', TPL_SLUG);
                        $airborn->posted_on();
                    ?><span>-</span>
                    <?php $airborn->posted_in(); ?><span>-</span>
                    <?php echo __( 'Comment(s):', TPL_SLUG ) . ' <a href="' . get_comments_link() . '" title="">' . get_comments_number() . '</a>'; ?>
                    <?php edit_post_link( __( 'Edit', TPL_SLUG ),'<span>|</span> ' ); ?>
                </div>

• AirAir

opening in new window
    From point of usability it would be disaster, cause user should have full control if he want or not open new tab/window. But it is your page and you decide what kind of user experience your site provide:-)
    To do it edit airborn/loop.php
    search for

<a href="<?php echo get_permalink(); ?>" class="mosaic-overlay">&nbsp;</a>

change it to

<a href="<?php echo get_permalink(); ?>" class="mosaic-overlay" target="_blank">&nbsp;</a>

next search for

<?php 
                    $page_title = get_post_meta(get_the_ID(), '_airborn_title', true);
                    if ( empty( $page_title ) )
                        echo '<h1 class="title"><a href="'. get_permalink() . '">' . get_the_title() . '</a></h1>';
                    else
                         echo '<h1 class="title"><a href="'. get_permalink() . '">' . $page_title . '</a></h1>';
                ?>

change to

<?php 
                    $page_title = get_post_meta(get_the_ID(), '_airborn_title', true);
                    if ( empty( $page_title ) )
                        echo '<h1 class="title"><a href="'. get_permalink() . '" target="_blank">' . get_the_title() . '</a></h1>';
                    else
                         echo '<h1 class="title"><a href="'. get_permalink() . '" target="_blank">' . $page_title . '</a></h1>';
                ?>

about facebook issue
    sorry, but it is normal facebook behaviour. You could add some stiff info to force facebook take other info, but there is no warranty it would work.

With regards.

• edited February 2012 Posts: 10

Regarding New window:

Only working in archieve page , not the whole website , but yes i understand , this is not good for visitors

Is it possible to use the links open in NEW window , only for links in the slider of the hompage 

Looking forward for your help on both

Post edited by aamir on
  • AirAir

Make sure you changed all things I mentioned. It should work on blog page and archive pages. Show me link to live project, so I could see myself.

About sliders you will have to edit file /airborn/advance/shortcodes/sliders.php

search for

$img .= '<a href="' . $matches[1][$i]['url'] . '">';

change to

$img .= '<a href="' . $matches[1][$i]['url'] . '" target="_blank">';

next find this

'      <Hyperlink URL="' . $url . '" Target="_self" />';

and change to

'      <Hyperlink URL="' . $url . '" Target="_blank" />';

With regards.

• Hi,
    On the front page and blog page i would like to change to replace the slash of the date by a"." where i can do that?
    And second need, i would like to replace the word "comments" by an icon?

Thanks
  • AirAir
    alexis - wrong category? You use Airlock or Airborn?

With regards.
  • Oh sorry, yes i use Airlock
  • AirAir
    Sorry for not replying here, but I need to keep order on forum :-) So please start new topic in proper place.

With regards.