Before you ask please READ THIS

Feature Request - Option To Remove Featured Image From The Actual Post

edited February 2014 in Superior Posts: 66
I'm loving the theme and just about ready to go live. I also love the different post types. I'm wondering if under the Blog Post Details options where we can either choose image or audio/video, if there can be an option to add None. This way, my featured image will appear on the blog page but it will not actually appear on the single post itself so that the content can be at the very top instead of the big featured image. This will only apply to the single post since I'd still want the featured image to show up on the blog listings page and blog shortcodes.

Is this possible to include on a future release or is it possible to do now?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• AirAir
  • I looked at it but it didn't help me. I do want to display post media because I post a lot of videos and will be posting podcasts, however, I don't want the featured image to appear in the post. I chose video and left the video link blank to try to get rid of the featured image from the post itself but it still showed up. I don't know how to remove it while still keeping all the other media formats which I do want.
  • AirAir
    So finaly:
    1.you want featured image in posts list but not in single post(yes/no).
    2.you want video in posts list and in single post(yes/no).
    ?

With regards.
  • That is correct Air.

1. Yes
    2. Yes
  • AirAir
    Then I have CSS solution for you:
    .single-post .item-image.post-media{
    display: none;
    }
    With regards.
  • That worked perfectly.
  • I thought it worked perfectly but I noticed something else that happened. While this got rid of the feature image from the post, it also removed the small featured images at the bottom of the post for related posts. I'd like to keep that and just get rid of the big featured image within the post.
  • AirAir
    Try this instead
    .single-post .hentry .item-image.post-media{
    }
    With regards.
  • Just tried it and i'm still not getting he featured images to appear for the related posts.
    Here's an example: http://alexnavas.com/an/keep-an-open-mind/
  • AirAir
    Yes, sorry, I thought you mean images in sidebar - my bad.
    This should work(checked):
    .single-post .hentry > .item-image.post-media{
    }
    With regards.
  • Ok, just updated the code and I'm still missing the featured images in the recent posts (at the end of the post). The big featured image on the actual post is gone which is what I wanted, so that's good. I just want them to show up here. Thanks for all your help with this.

I went live on the site last night so you can find the post at http://www.alexnavas.com/keep-an-open-mind/
    Screen Shot 2014-02-24 at 10.43.36 AM.png
    833 x 441 - 51K
  • AirAir
    Hello

I have just checked and you have old CSS.

With regards.
  • Just changed it and it must be cache'd on my browser because it still looks the same (missing pics) but when I go to a proxy browser, it shows up so I'm hoping everyone else sees it. The only last thing is removing the "Posted on" under the images since I removed the dates from post within the theme options.
  • Thanks for your help
  • AirAir
    I don't see it in your page. Please start new topic about it and attach some screen shot what you mean exactly.

With regards.