Before you ask please READ THIS

Display header logo or not, depending on viewport size

edited March 2014 in Superior Posts: 17
Thanks for a great theme!

I’m trying to get my logo (in the header) to behave just like yours does on the demo, that is: when viewing the page in fullscreen/maximized window, the logo is hidden, but when gradually decreasing the size of the browser window, the logo suddenly appears.

For me, the logo is either always there or never at all, depending on whether I set a logo in the settings or not. Tried to figure it out by checking out the demo code, but without success. Would you mind sharing the CSS for this?

Thanks again :)
Post edited by minor9 on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)
    minor9 said: just like yours does on the demo
    Where did you saw something like that?? There is no such thing in our theme, for sure not intended. Please show me.
    minor9 said: Would you mind sharing the CSS for this?
    I would, but I don't have it;-)

With regards.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 17
    Actually, yes there is :-) Maybe I'm just not being clear enough.

http://superior.theme.apollo13.eu/

First picture: chrome is maximized, no logo apparent.
    Second picture: chrome resized, we have a logo!

If this isn't intended, well... I'd like to make the same mistake on my website too!

Edit: Ah, maybe it got something to do with the extra top bar, the black one that's on top of the menu. But I don't need that bar...

1.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 81K
    2.jpg
    1022 x 708 - 61K
    Post edited by minor9 on
  • AirAir
    Indeed there is an issue, no wonder no one is buying it:-)
    I can't help you with achieving such effect cause it was issue of chrome. Fast fix for it would be such custom CSS

.logo-container{
    width: 20%;
    }
    #access {
    width: 80%;
    }
    I will try to fix today and release update.

Thanks for reporting that, even it wasn't your real desire;-)

With regards.
    Hahaha :-)

Thank you for fixing this desired mistake! Or something like that.

No but seriously, thanks for the CSS. It won't be a problem fixing it, I just needed to know why my site behaved differently than your demo.

/ Tony
    Btw, I think your theme really could benefit from having some more layout options for the header. It's already a great and flexible theme (+ visual composer is awesome) but it could be a beast if you added some things like:

- Center header menu, but with option of logo on top or not
    - Show/hide logo, independent of other settings (practically same thing as above)
    - Have a wide/narrow setting for the header too

Basically some more options for moving the header elements around would be super :-)
  • AirAir
    minor9 said: Center header menu, but with option of logo on top or not
    Just add text logo, but without text.
    minor9 said: Show/hide logo, independent of other settings (practically same thing as above)
    Same as above.
    minor9 said: Have a wide/narrow setting for the header too
    It is not possible cause of difficult way we build header variants. And for now there is nothing we can do with it.

Thanks for suggestions:-)

With regards.
  • AirAir
    I have found what messed our logo in chrome - woocommerce :-)
    Instead of adding previous style adding this one should fix it
    .woocommerce img,.woocommerce-page img{
    max-width:none;/* fix nasty style from woocommerce */
    }
    With regards.
    Air said: Just add text logo, but without text.
    This creates some additional (and ugly) space above the menu. I guess it's an empty div for the text that's supposed to be there, probably easily solved with display: none.
    Air said: It is not possible cause of difficult way we build header variants. And for now there is nothing we can do with it.
    Wouldn't it be possible to make the container for the header transparent, and create another div inside it - one with the same width properties (or a width of choice) as the main content/div on the site?
    Air said: Instead of adding previous style adding this one should fix it
    Awesome, thank you!
  • AirAir
    minor9 said:
    Wouldn't it be possible to make the container for the header transparent, and create another div inside it - one with the same width properties (or a width of choice) as the main content/div on the site?
    It is not so easy cause of some nasty JS I wrote to make some transitions easier(but it made harder lot of other things unfortunately). I will have to clear this someday, but for now I am busy on different task:-)

With regards.