Before you ask please READ THIS

Issues with Visual composer after last update

edited May 2014 in Superior Posts: 66
Hi

After last update i saw lots of problems with visual composer, as i already stated in other tickets

SNAPSHOTS

For example: this is how i see it with backend editor:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mti4m7h077it33x/Captura de pantalla 2014-05-13 13.15.24.png

If i use front end editor, some elements dissapear, columns get broken, etc

https://www.dropbox.com/s/463dijy3y58xp96/Captura de pantalla 2014-05-13 13.29.55.png

This is the original page: www.linc.es/cursos-ingles-en-el-extranjero/

SHORTCODES

Call to action buttons not longer have the option to select a custom color, you can only choose between a predefined few

call to action 2 also changed...dramatically...now you have promo text, only predefined colors, you cant select an icon to go in the button, etc

separators have no custom padding options

Well, most of the shortcodes present issues

SITUATION

I have been waiting 2 weeks to see if everybody came to comment the same issue or a new theme version with fixes would be released, but nothing yet

Since last update, im editing the page in a local copy with old theme version, so i can copy the code and insert it in the live site, something not very productive...

Are this issues applied to everyone? Only me? how can i solve this??

Thanks for your help!

Best regards!
Post edited by roquelage on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi there

First: long post...
    Second: Why aren't you answering your topics you started previously? I asked many question there:-)
    roquelage said: I have been waiting 2 weeks to see if everybody came to comment the same issue or a new theme version with fixes would be released, but nothing yet
    I see you use latest version of theme 1.8.1 so all should be fine. I ALSO see that you use some kind off compresor or cache plugin - they are often source of issues and it is not easy to fix them even if you switch them off. However on your place I would check it out.
    Even today I solved topic that had issue just cause of cache plugin.
    roquelage said: If i use front end editor, some elements dissapear, columns get broken, etc
    Then don't use it. Plugin author added this functionality, but I can't tell if it isn't buggy. Personally I avoid it:-)
    roquelage said: This is the original page: www.linc.es/cursos-ingles-en-el-extranjero/
    Looks very good on in my browser.
    roquelage said: Call to action buttons not longer have the option to select a custom color, you can only choose between a predefined few
    I just wasted 20 minutes searching if there where ever such option in older versions and there wasn't. However if you enable "Call to action button 2" which is available since version 4 of visual composer, there you have such options.
    roquelage said: Well, most of the shortcodes present issues
    And this statement gives me clue that there is something wrong in your installation.
    You can always start new installation, maybe even on different server to verify is theme issue instead of waiting next two weeks. However I hope it is something easy to hunt and you will get back on track:-)

---
    Listen:
    If you want to talk and hunt your issues don't put so many cases in one topic, cause now if you will answer me there will be chaos. I asked about it many times - read more here.

And most important: answer your topics, cause I won't push it for you. However I am grateful for any help in making this theme better:-)

With regards.

Hi
    Air said: First: long post...
    I tried my best to explain the issues because i didnt want individual solutions, just explain a whole view of my problems....as before, i was just trying to give a full explanation to make it easier for you to understand what could be wrong

Air said: I see you use latest version of theme 1.8.1 so all should be fine. I ALSO see that you use some kind off compresor or cache plugin - they are often source of issues and it is not easy to fix them even if you switch them off. However on your place I would check it out.
    Even today I solved topic that had issue just cause of cache plugin.
    Yes, i use W3Total Cache but avoiding minify and combine of css and js.
    I tried to deactivate and erase on a local copy and backend looks the same

Tried it also on a fresh install with last template, importing an xml with actual content and backend looked the same too

I´ve tried also a fresh install with your demo content and after so much effort i think i have identified the issue

Pages build with older versions of visual composer have different params, so if you try to edit a page built with older version, with latest one, all gets messed up.

The only solution i can get right now is to rebuild all pages with new composer, a thing i wouldnt like to do because, who says this wont happen again with future versions of composer?

Sanpshot of demo site backend: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tru1n6bcoo5pr89/Captura de pantalla 2014-05-29 14.50.27.png

snapshot of a page done with older composer, trying to edit it with latest version:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jwch9lrvcami3hf/Captura de pantalla 2014-05-29 14.51.18.png
    Air said: Then don't use it. Plugin author added this functionality, but I can't tell if it isn't buggy. Personally I avoid it:-)
    Ok, i m not using it, i was reporting a flaw to see if that gave more clues
    Air said: If you want to talk and hunt your issues don't put so many cases in one topic, cause now if you will answer me there will be chaos. I asked about it many times - read more here.
    As i said, i just wanted to give a bigger picture to illustrate the issue better
    Air said: And most important: answer your topics, cause I won't push it for you. However I am grateful for any help in making this theme better:-)
    I had a look at previous tickets with pending answers and no major issues there

And heeeeere you have....this is a long post!! :D.

Nevertheless, i would only need help getting a solution to translate older versions of composer to new, without headaches!!

Thanks for your help Air!!!!
  • AirAir
    edited May 2014 Posts: 10,970
    roquelage said: The only solution i can get right now is to rebuild all pages with new composer, a thing i wouldnt like to do because, who says this wont happen again with future versions of composer?
    Yes it is hard to predict.
    However in your screens shot I see only extensions of builder made by us. It looks like you have not active Apollo13 Shortcodes plugin OR not activated certain shortcodes, check this http://apollo13.eu/docs/superior/#!/builder

Hope that will help.

From next version I will remove need for Apollo13 Shortcodes plugin - it made our work much worse, and we have add it only cause of stupid requirements on ThemeForest...

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Well i tried to activate builder options with no luck, but im pretty sure the issue is with apollo 13 shortcodes, because i try to deactivate the plugin throught wordpress plugins section and i cant. I press deactivate, and the page refreshes with the plugin active

I tried to upload it manually via FTP with no luck neither

Any ideas? When do you plan to release a new update?

Thanks!!
  • AirAir
    roquelage said: apollo 13 shortcodes, because i try to deactivate the plugin throught wordpress plugins section and i cant.
    You can't cause it is required for theme to work, so piece of code guards its deactivation. It will be changed in new version.
    roquelage said: I tried to upload it manually via FTP with no luck neither
    You have uploaded version from advance/plugins ?
    roquelage said: When do you plan to release a new update?
    When it will be ready. I know such answer don't satisfy you, but I never give answer for such question with exact date - every time I can't fit to such deadline, and explaining my self is only waste of time and good name ;-)

With regards.
    roquelage said: Any ideas?
    Please, let me take a look - please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option to send message). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

With regards.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 66
    HI
    Air said: You can't cause it is required for theme to work, so piece of code guards its deactivation. It will be changed in new version
    Ahhh, thats a good explanation ;) tried to deactivate it lot of times and i couldnt figure out what was happening :)
    Air said: You have uploaded version from advance/plugins ?
    yes
    Air said: When it will be ready. I know such answer don't satisfy you, but I never give answer for such question with exact date - every time I can't fit to such deadline, and explaining my self is only waste of time and good name ;-)
    Well, i get your point, explaining wont make the release faster
    Air said: Please, let me take a look - please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option to send message). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.
    You have a new message!!

Thanks for your help Air!!!
    Post edited by roquelage on
  • AirAir
    Answer via private message.

With regards.