Before you ask please READ THIS

CSS Styles errors

edited May 2014 in Fame Posts: 9
Site: http://tinyurl.com/l8ob4jb
On Latest Wordpress update
Plugins active: Woocommerce and WPBakery Visual Composer

I tried changing the header background through "Appearance">"Editor" at first but even though I changed the color in the Style.css file, Firebug would still display the old color in the page source even after refreshing the site several time. I then tried to add the color through "Fame Theme">"Custom CSS" editor. It did work but it added the css to the User.css file permanently. Now if I edit the color on "Custom CSS" or try to remove it completely, it maintains the black header background and there's no way to edit it besides probably going into the ftp and changing the actual css file.

I can now see that there are ways to edit header backgrounds and fonts through the "Fame Theme" menu. But I still should be able to edit my CSS files if I want to. What could be causing this problem?

Edit:
I even tried downloading the user.css through ftp to erase the old code saved on there, and there was nothing under Custom CSS... So I'm not really sure why the page source is showing something different.
Post edited by dblcarlos on

Comments

Also, nothing from the "Fame Theme" menu seems to be working, again.. I even erased the SuperCacher plugin that was giving me an error before and I deactivated all the plugins. Still nothing.
  • AirAir
    dblcarlos said: I even tried downloading the user.css through ftp to erase the old code saved on there, and there was nothing under Custom CSS... So I'm not really sure why the page source is showing something different.
    dblcarlos said: Also, nothing from the "Fame Theme" menu seems to be working, again.. I even erased the SuperCacher plugin that was giving me an error before and I deactivated all the plugins. Still nothing.
    I explained earlier that cache plugins are nasty and can mess even when they are gone. Cache is probably still active. You can reinstall Wordpress to make it clean.

All things you described here are still from same issue with cache.
    dblcarlos said: I can now see that there are ways to edit header backgrounds and fonts through the "Fame Theme" menu. But I still should be able to edit my CSS files if I want to. What could be causing this problem?
    You can't overwrite things that can be changed by panel, cause they will be overwritten by user.css settings anyway. Read this http://apollo13.eu/docs/fame/#!/modification_of_theme_changing_css

With regards.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 9
    I tried re-installing wordpress through the panel but nothing changed. Do I have to erase everything through my ftp and start from scratch?

Edit: Erased my ftp files and re-installed everything. Works great now!
    Post edited by dblcarlos on
  • AirAir
    That is great:-) I wish you no more problems :-)