Before you ask please READ THIS

Editor is broken

edited May 2014 in Fame Posts: 4
Hello, just purchased your theme - it's gorgeous, thanks! I'm finding my way around, but am having some problems -
I'm working on the Home Page currently (dev.blueskyphoenix.com - it's Home Page 2) and from the back end editor, cannot scroll down beyond "About Us" and "Updates" to edit anything else. In addition, once I update the page, I cannot get back to the back end editor, the only edit options available to me are visual and text - in order to get the editor back I must navigate away from the page I am editing and then go back to it. Also, the front end editor is definitely broken, when I try to switch to it is gets stuck in loading.

It's definitely getting to be frustrating - can you help?

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Maybe you have some plugins that break JavaScript. Please follow general solutions as explained here.
    BlueSkyPhoenix said: Also, the front end editor is definitely broken, when I try to switch to it is gets stuck in loading.
    It tells even more that there are JS issues. However I personally avoid front end editor cause I don't trust it:-)

With regards.

• First off, the "general solutions" you pointed me to do not have any solutions for the Fame theme.
    However, I have deactivated every one of the plugins and the editor is still exhibiting the same behavior. Any other suggestions? If we can't get this worked out, I would like very much to have a refund.
  • AirAir
    :-) O man. Why people start making threat about refund after one post?
    BlueSkyPhoenix said: However, I have deactivated every one of the plugins
    Yes and these are general solutions:-)

Could you please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option to send message). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

Please add link to your site.

With regards.
  • I certainly didn't mean to offend by asking for a refund right away, any more than you didn't mean to offend by sending me to a generic support page that had nothing to help me with my specific theme. I do hope we can resolve things. I'll contact you via pm.
  • AirAir
    BlueSkyPhoenix said: any more than you didn't mean to offend by sending me to a generic support page that had nothing to help me with my specific theme
    That is true that topic I send you to is not updated yet for Fame links, but for sure you understand idea of this topic, as you tested without plugins:-) I just wanted you to try general solutions, as your issue sounded like common plugin conflict :-)
    EOT
    --

OK I have checked and it looks like plugin issue as I can see that other users of this plugin also report this http://codecanyon.net/item/visual-composer-page-builder-for-wordpress/242431/comments?#comment_6758951

Instead of using front-end visual composer editor use backend one, like explained here http://apollo13.eu/docs/fame/#!/builder

We will have to wait till plugin author fixes this.

With regards.
  • Thanks so much for your response. I am able to use backend editor (and in fact prefer it), however, there are two problems. If you look at the "-Home Page 2" page, you'll see:
    1) I cannot scroll down past the "About Us" and "Updates" to access the other items that are on the page beneath it (25% off for friends; FAQ - I'll attach screenshots so you can see). I do notice that the page does not appear to be fully loading - no matter how long I wait for it (screenshot attached).
    also
    2) Once I do make a change using the visual editor on the backend and click "update", I no longer have access to the visual editor; I can only use the basic Wordpress "visual" and "text" tabs to edit (again, I'll post screenshots).

Let me know if you have any further insight.
    Thanks.
    homepage2.jpg
    652 x 986 - 115K
    homepage2backend.jpg
    1295 x 1021 - 222K
    homepage-error.jpg
    201 x 122 - 14K
    homepage-afterupdate.jpg
    1298 x 976 - 240K
  • AirAir
    Hi again:-)

I have checked it again and I am pretty sure that thing that breaks there visual composer is form that you inserted there. There are various elements that shouldn't be pasted in editor, so probably you will have to clean it good:-)

I advise you to create same form with contact form 7 plugin if it will work the same, or for newsletter use mail chimp plugin http://wordpress.org/plugins/mailchimp-for-wp/
    And insert its shortcodes into editor.

You just shouldn't paste raw forms with scripts into editor.

With regards.