Before you ask please READ THIS

I got a few issues

edited January 2015 in Chillout Posts: 68
Hi Guys,

First of all, great theme, easy to use and great support. I am almost finished but got a few issues:

- The Partners (clients in the demo) images doesn't fit even when i make them smaller
- The Title of my works are above the picture instead of under
- The pictures in the collegues section are a little with space and the under photo is a bit right outset
- On my iphone the slider wont appear good, on a samsung it will
- If i make mor then 1 row in VC with a background like my contact and the things i sell on mobile only 1 row will be displayed with background and the other 2rows got a white background
- The pictures of the 3 column are very small on mobile.

My website is: www.mmcreaties.nl

Thanx a lot guys and keep up the good work!

Comments

Hello
    thank You for the report.
    sportfeed said:
    - The Partners (clients in the demo) images doesn't fit even when i make them smaller
    You're right, its a css bug. We'll fix this in upcoming update.
    For now: go to Chillout Options >> Custom style and add this:
    .people_item.simple .people_img { background-repeat: no-repeat; background-size: contain; }

sportfeed said: - The Title of my works are above the picture instead of under
    I can see one work item on your site, and the title is displayed under the image, just like on the demo page.
    sportfeed said: - The pictures in the collegues section are a little with space and the under photo is a bit right outset
    I have no clue where to find collegues section
    sportfeed said: - On my iphone the slider wont appear good, on a samsung it will
    what is the issue? can You post some screenshots?
    sportfeed said: - If i make mor then 1 row in VC with a background like my contact and the things i sell on mobile only 1 row will be displayed with background and the other 2rows got a white background
    Can you do it and then point this area to me - so I could take a look at it?
    sportfeed said: - The pictures of the 3 column are very small on mobile.
    Again - You're right, its a css bug. We'll fix this also.
    .vc_col-sm-2 {
    width: unset;
    }

Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
  • surgeon said: I can see one work item on your site, and the title is displayed under the image, just like on the demo page.
    Its at the top see attachment 1
    surgeon said: I have no clue where to find collegues section
    Its in underneed the MAAK KENNIS MET MM CREATIES part

surgeon said: what is the issue? can You post some screenshots?
    See attachment 2
    surgeon said: Can you do it and then point this area to me - so I could take a look at it?
    See attachment 3&4 only the middle row is with background the 3 others not. Only on phone not on tablet.
    surgeon said: Again - You're right, its a css bug. We'll fix this also.
    .vc_col-sm-2 {
    width: unset;
    }
    wont work see also attachment 3

5 more questions:

- i added the navigation anchors and it works fine but the Home button in the menu bar is always selected. How do i set this off?

- What is the purpose of the add/image/video in the works area instead of the featured image and what size is best to display it good on the blog and the works part on the main page.

- How do i get the social icons in my menu bar like fb and twitter?

- Is it possible to do SEO for every sepperate anchor or is only one page?

- What is the best way to install a update without losing content?

attachment1.png
    1920 x 1200 - 643K
    attachment2.png
    360 x 640 - 143K
    attachment3.png
    640 x 1136 - 192K
    attachment4.png
    640 x 1136 - 322K
    sportfeed said: Its at the top see attachment 1
    each work has 'Show featured image' metadata - just set it to 'enabled'
    sportfeed said: The pictures in the collegues section are a little with space and the under photo is a bit right outset
    I can see now - will be fixed in the update
    sportfeed said: See attachment 2
    OK - that's odd... we'll investigate it, but it's most likely the problem of Revolution Slider itself...
    sportfeed said: If i make mor then 1 row in VC with a background like my contact and the things i sell on mobile only 1 row will be displayed with background and the other 2rows got a white background
    You should check the 'Cover background with image?' in 'Row' shortcode edit panel.
    sportfeed said: wont work see also attachment 3
    change 'unset' into 'unset !important'. Today we'll release an update, so wait a moment, and it'll be fixed ;)
    sportfeed said: - i added the navigation anchors and it works fine but the Home button in the menu bar is always selected. How do i set this off?
    Add navigation anchor to the row containing the slider, and name it 'Home'. Now the 'Home' button is not a Navigation Anchor.

sportfeed said: What is the purpose of the add/image/video in the works area instead of the featured image and what size is best to display it good on the blog and the works part on the main page.
    Those are a media collection, that is not displayed by any of shortcodes. Those are displayed only when You open this Work/Blog item. What is the best size? Create a test page for yourself, create some works/posts in - let's say - 'test' category, and just play with it, You'll see what's the best for You.

sportfeed said: How do i get the social icons in my menu bar like fb and twitter?
    First - define social links in Chillout Options >> Social settings
    Next - Chillout Options >> Layout >> Header >> Display social icos in header?

sportfeed said: - Is it possible to do SEO for every sepperate anchor or is only one page?
    Yep, each Navigation Anchor can be treated like separate link, so You can do SEO over it.
    sportfeed said: - What is the best way to install a update without losing content?
    You did not read the Documentation, did You?
    please refer to: http://www.apollo13.eu/docs/chillout/#!/installation_update_update_theme
    All the Best.
  • Thanx for the help, the most problems fixed now and i will wait for the update.

Only one small thing:

- The menubar is not straight at the page, the home is more to left en the contact also so it wont fit my page size check www.mmcreaties.nl
    Well, yes it is. You have 5 items on the left side and 4 items on the right side.
    That's the way it is in this theme, the shield with logo is supposed to be in the middle.
    All the Best.
    FYI - new version of Chillout theme is available to download from ThemeForest.
    All the Best.
  • One question, how do i get for example a link to my contact form? if i do www.mmcreaties.nl/contact it wont work
  • And another question, i just added some work to works but the works are not sepperate so there is no space between the works its all attached to each other.
  • And how do i get a slider at top of my blog, it wont work when i put the slider overthere.
    And the social media icons at the top are nog displayed good a little bit wizzy
    sportfeed said: One question, how do i get for example a link to my contact form? if i do www.mmcreaties.nl/contact it wont work
    Right click on link in navigation menu, copy link.
    Should be: http://mmcreaties.nl/#a13_nava_id_314
    sportfeed said: And another question, i just added some work to works but the works are not sepperate so there is no space between the works its all attached to each other.
    Edit shortcode 'Works list' and change the 'Horizontal marigins of single item' and 'Vertical marigins of single item' parameters.

sportfeed said: And how do i get a slider at top of my blog, it wont work when i put the slider overthere.
    http://www.apollo13.eu/docs/chillout/#!/chillout_options_blog

sportfeed said: And the social media icons at the top are nog displayed good a little bit wizzy
    What do You mean by 'Wizzy'?
    All the Best.
  • Everything worked well Thanx, only just updated the theme and now the logo in the top is not the center anymore.

And 4 small other questions:

- How to get the scrollbarr away on a people page
    - How do i get such a bar on a team member profile like your page with for example webdesign 80%, Marketing 25% etc?
    - Is it possible to use another image at the works portfolio at the top of the page with the title underneed it instead of the featured image? Cause now my feautered images are to big and wont fit propperly in the works bar. But when i dont use the featured image on the page it self the title will go up of it. At your page it automatic resize the pictures to fit in the grid on the main.
    - The last works in the sidebar on the blog page dont align good to the right.

Thanx a lot, i like your theme so much and the support is outstanding!! did give you 5 stars!
    sportfeed said: Everything worked well Thanx, only just updated the theme and now the logo in the top is not the center anymore.
    Strange... try go to Chillout Options and press Save Changes without altering settings.
    sportfeed said: How to get the scrollbarr away on a people page
    which scrollbar? there are two of them.
    sportfeed said: How do i get such a bar on a team member profile like your page with for example webdesign 80%, Marketing 25% etc?
    'Progress Bar' shortcode
    sportfeed said: The last works in the sidebar on the blog page dont align good to the right.
    Well - this is how it is supposed to be. If You want to change it - go to Chillout Options >> Custom Style and put this definition:
    .widget_recent_works{ text-align: left; [or 'right' if You wish ;)] }

All the Best.
  • surgeon said: Strange... try go to Chillout Options and press Save Changes without altering settings.
    Dont understand where i see this?

surgeon said: which scrollbar? there are two of them.
    the one next to the info text

surgeon said: 'Progress Bar' shortcode
    How do i get this code, cause only can find this in the visual composer
    sportfeed said: Dont understand where i see this?
    No, I see it, but this is strange behaviour, did You try what I advised You?
    sportfeed said: the one next to the info text
    Well... You could remove it, but this is how it was designed, and it would require some custom work in theme files.
    sportfeed said: How do i get this code, cause only can find this in the visual composer
    This shortcode is an item available in Visual Composer.
    All the Best.
  • surgeon said:
    No, I see it, but this is strange behaviour, did You try what I advised You?
    Didnt understand what you mean or how to do this, could only see save changes.

- Is it possible to use another image at the works portfolio at the top of the page with the title underneed it instead of the featured image? Cause now my feautered images are to big and wont fit propperly in the works bar. But when i dont use the featured image on the page it self the title will go up of it. At your page it automatic resize the pictures to fit in the grid on the main.
    Sorry, forgot that.
    The answer is: no, not at this moment of theme developement. Only Featured Image is displayed over the title.
    If You're not satysfied with the way of displaying Featured Image in Work's grid - play with CSS in Chillout Options >> Custom Style.
    Try this:
    .g-link[data-post-type="work"] i { background-size: contain; background-repeat: no-repeat; }
    All the Best.
  • Oke and how to change that header logo? Cant understand it and now its not straight :P
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,758
    put this into Custom Style: #logo { left: calc(50% - 82px) !important; }
    OR
    give me access to admin panel. If this is ok for You, just send me login credentials, but REMEMBER to do it via Private Message (click my nick-name and from left menu click 'send surgeon message' link)
    Post edited by surgeon on
    All the Best.
  • Sended you the data
    Done!
    I think there's little bug inside dummy data import file, but now it's ok without any tricks.
    All the Best.
  • Thanx!
  • Now there is another bug, when i upload a work to my works, the image dont display well even when i resize the picture it still maximize it and dont display how it should. see the picture of the bus on my page

Sorry for the incoviniance
    did You add this to Custom Style:

.g-link[data-post-type="work"] i {
    background-size: contain;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }
    All the Best.
  • Yes that works well but i mean when you click on the image, that page the picture resizes itself even when i make it smaller/bigger
  • See the buss picture
    And this is the way it was designed.
    To change it put this definition to Custom Style:
    #a13-full-photos img { display: block; height: auto; margin: auto; position: relative; }
    All the Best.
  • I understand that part but the picture on the page of the work doesnt get full displayed

See attachment

Even when i try to resize the image(tried it 5 times) the image still displayed for the half. You dont see the Wheels of the car on this page.
    Schermafbeelding 2015-01-27 om 14.22.53.png
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    change to:
    #a13-full-photos img { display: block; height: auto; width: auto; margin: auto; position: relative; }
    All the Best.
  • I dont know what is going on but yesterday all works perfectly and now it is working like shit on the works page. Still the photo is not displayed fully and now the text is not alligned correct. I just want the custom propperties how it was like yesterday :S Full sized photo's and good tekst
    What is wrong with text now? Which text? any screenshot?
    Please tell me what are You expecting?
    What size of image You would like to have after opening Work?
    All the Best.
  • I just want to have the settings as it was when i installed it, en if you can tell me what kind of pixels that is i can make my images that big so it displays well and full image not only a part.

And cant figure out how to make a shortcode for that progress bar.

• You can still enter my page with the sended data
  • The text is oke now!

but the picture dont even after your code! see attachment

Just want the same sizes as the live preview. IF you can tell me those px i can make pictures on that perfect size on photoshop.

I added a photo of the page and the normal photo
    Schermafbeelding 2015-01-27 om 16.56.57.png
    1920 x 1200 - 990K
    Buswes.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 359K
    If You want to have higher image in the opened Work - go to Chillout Options >> Works(portfolio) >> 'Media displayed in list' and change 'Single media item height*'.
    You have now image 800*600, so You must change this parameter to 600.
    If You want to fit You image into current layout - it should have 450px height.
    All the Best.
    sportfeed said: And cant figure out how to make a shortcode for that progress bar.
    look here: http://mmcreaties.nl/test-for-shortcodes/ i prepared demo for You
    All the Best.
  • surgeon said: look here: http://mmcreaties.nl/test-for-shortcodes/ i prepared demo for You
    I see it but want to understand how to get this under my personal page :)
    Just edit the page and see how it's build.
    As for Visual Composer itself - look here: http://vc.wpbakery.com/video-academy/
    Lots of tutorials.
    All the Best.
  • Yes but on the people page you dont have Visual Composer to add a row.

For example in the live preview if you click on a team member you see this under the text
    OK, now I know what You want.
    Go to Left Menu >> Setting >> Visual Composer and check 'people in 'Content types' section.
    All the Best.
  • Thanx that was the thing i was looking for:)

The only last thing what need to be fixed is the appereance of the slider layers on mobile phones, now it not fit.

For all the other things thanx a lot!
    sportfeed said: The only last thing what need to be fixed is the appereance of the slider layers on mobile phones, now it not fit.
    We're looking for possible solution, please give us some more time.
    All the Best.
  • surgeon said: We're looking for possible solution, please give us some more time.
    No problem!

- What kind plugin can i use to do the SEO for seperate pages. With the most plugins i only can do the SEO of the home page where all my pages are under.
    All the Best.
  • Yes i do to, but the problem is then cause its 1 page design, i can not put a SEO on all the parts of the "page" now its only SEO for the Home page itself and not for all the pages inside the 1 page design.
    sportfeed said: What kind plugin can i use to do the SEO for seperate pages. With the most plugins i only can do the SEO of the home page where all my pages are under.
    Well, You've asked about SEPARATE PAGES... right?
    This is OnePage design - so You get one page, right?
    All the Best.
  • Yes it is one page design indeed so my question was, if it was possible to put SEO on the "pages" in the one page design? Sorry if i wasnt clear.

And one other question, can i change the word Similar Works (if i open a Works item at the bottom)?

Kind Regards
    Just translate plugin 'Visual Composer extend by Apollo13 for Chillout', You can find it there.
    All the Best.
  • Evertything is fixed only the ipad layout on the side has a bug see attachment
    foto 4.PNG
    2048 x 1536 - 3M
    Hi,
    it's not the bug.
    This is how tha layout is collapsing into mobile mode.
    You've put the image and its decroption into separate layout cells. Try to solve your desing in different way, try to keep image and its description within one column.
    All the Best.
  • How do i get the text next to a picture in the column? Now it is like this but in visual composer you only can add something under of above it.

On all other devices it works well if hold me phone on the side it gives no problem only on the ipad.

See attachment for my setup of that part
    Schermafbeelding 2015-01-29 om 11.08.18.png
    1920 x 1200 - 522K