Before you ask please READ THIS

Blame theme menu conflict

edited March 2015 in Blame Posts: 11
Hi,

I have a site in development using the Blame theme (that I love) http://hrprint2.theprojectfoxhosting.com/. But the mega menu isn't sufficient for what I need to do. I would like to use something like Ubermenu (sorry) but it completely conflicts and renders the whole site a giant jumble of death. Can you suggest a way to remove mega menu and replace it with Uber or suggest a different mega menu plugin that you feels works well?

Sorry!

Jennifer

Comments

• AirAir
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,970
    Hi there:-)

No need to feel sorry ;-)
    Unfortunately I don't have access to ubermenu, but I know that every change(addition) to core wordpress menu, makes this plugin impossible to work.

If you will help me, then we can make blame compatible with ubermenu by switching off all additions to menu. If all will work good then I will add such option to theme.

So, go to blame/advance/apollo13.php line ~125 and remove this
    require_once (A13_TPL_ADV_DIR . '/mega_menu.php');

Check how it is doing, and if you see some styling issues then post live link and I would verify what and why :-)

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • You are always so nice to me. That's why I keep buying your stuff. *grins*.

I went into filezilla and did a search for mega_menu.php.
    Line 125 is this:

add_query_arg(

So I did a search.
    The words require_once do not appear in the file.
    The words A13_TPL_ADV_DIR do not appear in the file.

So I went to the zip file I downloaded from themeforest and I found the original file in blame/advance/mega_menu.php and it doesn't exist there either.

Here is the original file...untouched from the blame theme I downloaded...

So Confused!

Jennifer
    zip
    zip
    mega_menu.zip
  • AirAir
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,970
    OMG! I am so sorry for wasting your time! File I meant is blame/advance/apollo13.php.
    I must have been in sleep, cause I always read what I write and still I let such bug in my reply.

Sorry once again:-)
    TheProjectFox said: You are always so nice to me. That's why I keep buying your stuff. *grins*.
    Wow, thanks for all you appreciation:-)

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Sorry it took me so long to reply...3 days 10 hours each...and this day still going.

I deleted that line of code but the problem is the same. I can load UberMenu but it just doesn't work correctly in the site. For example when you scroll down the menu won't let you access any of the drop downs.

I'm sorry to keep bothering you!

Jennifer

• PS...if you want access to the site I'm happy to give it to you!
  • AirAir
    OK, if you are not afraid then could you please send me temporary access(create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail) to your WP and also FTP so I could check there what is going on and mess areound? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option "Send Air a Message"). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

With kind regards.
  • How could I be afraid of you?
  • AirAir
    Thanks a lot for coffee and data!

I have deactivated W3 Cache plugin - such plugins should be activated when you are done with messing with site layout :-)

To fix position of sub-menus I have enabled option Bound Submenu To ->
    Inner menu bar width
    , check screen shot.

For drop down while in "scrolling menu" it required custom coding, but ended relatively easy:-)

Hope now will everything work for you. If not, you know where to find me:-)

With kind regards.
    jj.png
    709 x 475 - 30K
  • I'm very curious what coding you did...I'd like to bother you less in the future (and I like to learn). If it is to much trouble I understand...what you did do was incredibly wonderful. So thank you!!
  • AirAir
    I have added support for uberMenu to theme, so you dont need to worry. There will be switch in Advanced options. I changed function that clones header menu to display it in sticky header, so it will copy also JavaScript events. Do you need more details?:-)

With regards.
  • Hi,

It's amazing that you added support for uberMenu. Will you have an update that I should (or shouldn't) install?

I have another question...should I start a new thread?

The question is this...when you scroll down on the site the header pushes the text to the far left, which makes the menu double into two lines. Is there a way to get the header text (Online. In Print. In Person. -- 613-966-2323) which is in the blue box to remain above the menu instead of going to the side?

Again thank you for everything -- I just sold your theme to another customer. They build custom wood frame homes. He'll be downloading it shortly at my request.

Thank you again for everything!

Jennifer
  • AirAir
    TheProjectFox said: It's amazing that you added support for uberMenu. Will you have an update that I should (or shouldn't) install?
    When we will release update, then you can install it, and just enable one option in Panel as I said above
    Air said: There will be switch in Advanced options.
    TheProjectFox said: Again thank you for everything -- I just sold your theme to another customer. They build custom wood frame homes. He'll be downloading it shortly at my request.
    Wow! That is great :-)
    TheProjectFox said:
    The question is this...when you scroll down on the site the header pushes the text to the far left, which makes the menu double into two lines. Is there a way to get the header text (Online. In Print. In Person. -- 613-966-2323) which is in the blue box to remain above the menu instead of going to the side?
    Use such custom CSS:

#fixed-header .inner,
    #fixed-header .logo-container,
    #fixed-header .navigation-bar{
    display: block;
    }
    #fixed-header .navigation-bar{
    padding-left: 0;
    }
    #fixed-header .logo-container{
    text-align: center;
    }