Before you ask please READ THIS

Fame Child theme problem (translation and CSS)

edited April 2015 in Fame Posts: 5
Hi

I'm using the newest update of fame theme and I like that but I have problem.

1. I'm useing fame_child theme and there I'm editing files. I want to add my language there. I did everything like in instruction and nothing work. I need to upload .po i .mo files to /languages in fame folder to make it work well. I have no idea what to do now, because I don't want to that everytime I update theme.

My translation also doesn't translate "go to the shop" and some texts in checkout page. I read topic about that but it doesn't work for me (cache).

I think you don't update child theme because anything I add in style.css file doesn't work too.

BTW. Do you have polish translations for whole theme (fronted and backend)? :)

Thanks for the answer.

Sorry about previous post, I was tired :)
Post edited by FL1ght on

Comments

• edited April 2015 Posts: 5
    You can see the wrong colors which I can't edit in style.css file. Viewing bug in picture below is made by my plugin. I wrote to proper support.
    Zrzut ekranu 2015-04-29 o 23.15.47.png
    2338 x 1652 - 2M
    Post edited by FL1ght on
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

This is international forum, please write in English. You can edit your post.

It appears you have several cases, please read forum rules http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/12/before-you-ask-read-this-#Item_1 and divide them to several topic if they weren't already answered.

Hope we can help you soon.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Hello again:-)
    FL1ght said: I'm useing fame_child theme and there I'm editing files. I want to add my language there. I did everything like in instruction and nothing work. I need to upload .po i .mo files to /languages in fame folder to make it work well. I have no idea what to do now, because I don't want to that everytime I update theme.
    I believe something has changed in case of translations lately in Wordpress. Is your wordpress translated to your language? I will check on my dev installation what is going on with it.
    FL1ght said: My translation also doesn't translate "go to the shop" and some texts in checkout page. I read topic about that but it doesn't work for me (cache).
    Yes it is usually cache of AJAX, and I found it not easy to clear:-) But if in your case nothing changes/translates then issue is elsewhere.
    FL1ght said: I think you don't update child theme because anything I add in style.css file doesn't work too.
    Do you have installed any cache plugins? They are often source of issues, or your CSS selectors are just to weak to overwrite main CSS. Please show live link so I can verify it.

Form your screen shot it looks like woocommerce is translated, just things from theme aren't. I will check it and reply later.
    FL1ght said:
    BTW. Do you have polish translations for whole theme (fronted and backend)? :)
    We don't have such translation unfortunately. No one shared their translations, and we also didn't do any:-S

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    OK https://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_in_Your_Language
    In WP 4 you don't use WPLANG but just set it in admin settings. I have tested it and it works(changed one string to test it). Check screen shot below:
    imageimage

Hope that helps in part of issues.
    ss.png
    551 x 122 - 4K
    ss-2015-04-30_12-32-05.png
    760 x 456 - 34K
    Thanks I figured out my questions with your help ;)