Before you ask please READ THIS

Forgetful Portfolio Custom Boxes?

edited November 2011 in Airborn Posts: 13
I have no idea what causes it, but for some reason every now and again, all of the custom box data for specific Portfolio items will randomly disappear - and I am forced to re-enter it all again.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I am running Wordpress 3.2.1.

Thanks!

Best Regards, Chris!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey there.

Could you precise 'randomly'(a bit more detailed) ?
    Also please provide info as said in http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/12/before-you-ask-read-this-#Item_1

With regards.
    Hey there,

I got the same problem on my website ...

All my featured pictures (and maybe all pictures uploaded with WP plugin) disappeared lasts days ... All works good before this week-end but now i've to deleted files and upload them again (with some trouble too with some) ...

All are registered in my media library (i can see names) but no thumbnails ... I've to refresh (sometimes 3 or 4 times) to view pictures uploaded (and only them ... the others located in another file in my ftp are all good)

I'm using wp 3.2 and airborn 1.2.6 in this time ...

Thx guys for ur future response !
  • AirAir
    Hey,

Do you use any plugins ?
    Could you list them?
    Maybe some idea what else could cause that strange behaviour ?

With regards.
    Hey,

I don't use any plugin right now (except the "Easy theme and plugin uploader").

Yesterday, i up my picts again and i'd to refresh (1 or 2 times) all my pages where a new thumbnail were created (in my "creating post" page, in my "blog" page, in my "portfolio" page, my "home" page ... each new size of thumbnail called a new refresh time to see the pict on my screen). But now, i don't have a problem anymore (for now) ...

I don't know why this problem appeared ... When i closed down my mac the evening, all was good ... but when i started it the next morning, i couldn't see any pict in all my page (full format, thumbnail, featured ...). And this without changing anything in my configuration or in my wp site (no plugin, no update, no changes ...)

For ur information, when i looked in my ftp, i could see picts ... not in my wp site.

Thx, best regards.
  • AirAir
    Hey,

Thanks for big post about that case. We will inspect what is going on, but for now I have no clue...
    Thanks again.

With regards.
    Hi there,

I think this pb is not an airborn pb because in another wp website, i got the same one ... All my featured picts are empty when i look this other website ... I have to up them again ... f*** off !

So, don't worry Apollo13, all's fine with ur theme ;)
    ps: it's more complicated than just delete and up picts again in wp. I've to delete all .htaccess files in the "wp-content > upload" folder ... Ouch !
  • AirAir
    Thanks for info flo_c. Anyway I will have my eye on this portfolio metas, cause we build on it another theme and it would be fun if all meta fields would disappear :-)

With regards.
  • Sorry for the delayed reply.

To clarify, I will create a new portfolio item, and fill in all the custom box data. When I preview it, it works great. Even after publishing the post it still works great. However, in several cases when I have a look at the site a couple of days later, I will then notice that although the portfolio item is still there, but all the custom box data is now gone. I have no idea what causes or triggers this. As far as I can remember I have never opened the portfolio item in the editor before the data randomly disappears, so I'm not sure what's triggering it.

This has happened ever since I installed the theme and had no additional plugins installed - so I assume it's theme related.

At the moment I have the following plugins installed:

- Akismet
    - All in One SEO Pack
    - Ambrosite Next/Previous Post Link Plus
    - BulletProof Security
    - Global Hide/Remove Admin Bar Plugin
    - Google XML Sitemaps
    - Jetpack by WordPress.com
    - NextGEN Gallery
    - Secure WordPress
    - SexyBookmarks (by Shareaholic)
    - Social Graph Protocol
    - WordPress HTTPS
    - WordPress Importer

I'm running Wordpress 3.2.1.

Anyone else having the same issue?
  • I may be wrong, I have a strange feeling that this bug might have something to do with the "autosave" functionality of posts. When Wordpress does an autosave, does it also save the custom box data?
  • AirAir
    Nope, it don't save custom fields on auto save. What correlation you have noticed?
  • I have no evidence to prove this, but I have a feeling that if you edit a portfolio post, but don't actually do anything to it, and it does an auto-save, it somehow accidentally wipes the custom boxes unless you publish/update the post BEFORE it does another auto-save.

Has anyone else had issues with custom box data magically disappearing? It seems to happen a lot for no real reason.
  • I'm still having this issue. Anyone else?