Before you ask please READ THIS

css style issue after updating to latest 1.5.0 version when update any page

I am in process to build a website using Blame theme. I have created almost all the pages, but now when I updated the theme to 1.5 is messing the layout, here is the after and before txt of page body

As you can see in attachment, there is lots of repated backgroud and lines 

Here is the page content 

***************** Before***************** (screenshot http://projects.magicway.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/before.png)

[vc_row full_width="1" full_width_content="1" bg_position="tl" bg_repeat="no-repeat" parallax_type="tb" parallax_speed="1" bg_video_position="top" bg_video_parallax="none"][vc_column width="1/1"][rev_slider_vc alias="homepage"][a13_hellotext upper_text="The services " lower_text="that we provide " title_align="align_center" title_size="size_big"][vc_separator color="grey" style="empty"][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width="1/3"][a13_title_with_icon title="Software Development" title_size="h3" icon_color="blue" title_align="center" a13_fa_icon="desktop"][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width="1/3"][a13_title_with_icon title="Website Development" title_size="h3" icon_color="blue" title_align="center" a13_fa_icon="globe"][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width="1/3"][a13_title_with_icon title="UX Design" title_size="h3" icon_color="blue" title_align="center" a13_fa_icon="child"][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_separator color="grey" style="empty"][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width="1/3"][a13_title_with_icon title="App Development" title_size="h3" icon_color="blue" title_align="center" a13_fa_icon="mobile-phone"]......... 

***************** After ***************** (screenshot http://projects.magicway.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/after.png)

[vc_row full_width="1" full_width_content="1"][vc_column][rev_slider_vc][a13_hellotext upper_text="The services " lower_text="that we provide "][vc_separator][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width="1/3"][a13_title_with_icon title="Software Development" title_size="h3" a13_fa_icon="desktop" title_align="center"][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width="1/3"][a13_title_with_icon title="Website Development" title_size="h3" a13_fa_icon="globe" title_align="center"][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width="1/3"][a13_title_with_icon title="UX Design" title_size="h3" a13_fa_icon="child" title_align="center"][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner]........

I am stuck here since i cant make any changes, If i do every-page is getting messed up. Please help asap.

If you need access please email me.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

Have you update Visual composer while doing update?

Can you post live link to your site so I could see what strange style is doing this?

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    As I look at your code it looks like VC removed this lines, that you pasted here as crossed. Maybe it will be better to move back to previous version of VC.
  • Here is the web link http://projects.magicway.org/, I have update the VC, moving back to old version, I don;t think it would be good idea. since in old VC i was not able to Drag n Drop components which was pain, since i need to rebuild entire page if i need to update order of element
  • Please help guys, I need to complete this by today
  • AirAir
    saqueib said: I have update the VC, moving back to old version, I don;t think it would be good idea. since in old VC i was not able to Drag n Drop components which was pain, since i need to rebuild entire page if i need to update order of element
    I see you have 4.6.2 version now. Do you have access to 4.7.0 version? Maybe it will solve this strange issues.
    I would opt to roll back, as your issue with drag and drop might be caused by something else. I think it would be easier to solve what is messing VC drag & drop function then find out, why it is clearing your shortcodes.

Second idea: if you edit this rows that was affected and set once again background to "no repeat", would this stick after save?

I will investigate what may be causing this clear of shortcodes, cause it looks like some config is not read.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    I see the issue, after reinstalling everything and editing page. I will now investigate why it is so.
  • AirAir
    It is getting very annoying... whenever I set background repeat to no-repeat, it gets removed from shortcode. I can not locate, where VC does this cruel thing.
  • AirAir
    I have tried new version 4.7 and it also doesn't fix this crap. I have installed version 4.5.3 and it solves issue with removing "no-repeat". I will have to ask VC authors WTH is going on, and mean while I advise you to use old version attached in this reply.

With kind regards.
    zip
    zip
    js_composer.zip
    4M
  • AirAir
    edited September 2015 Posts: 10,970
    I think I have finally figured out what is going on. IN VC 4.6 there was some stupid optimimatization and now default value for dropdown is not stored in shortocode, but our templates relied on this... Too bad VC author didn't inform about such drastic changes. I will rewrite our shortcode/templates, and it should fix all these issues.

Wish me luck.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    Hello once again:-)

Take this attached file, unzip it, and upload whole directory to wp-content/theme/blame/ overwriting current vc_templates directory.

I am not 100% sure everything will work flawlessly now, but it should.

Please try it and report me back.

It should work with new VC 4.6.2 and 4.7.0

With kind regards.
    zip
    zip
    vc_templates.zip
  • Good Morning,

Thanks for your help, Last one fixed the background repeat, but separator is still having lines, on empty-line preset also. Please see if you can fix it.

Thanks
  • everything is fixed now, thanks a ton.
  • AirAir
    So it also fixed seprarator?

Thanks for info!