Before you ask please READ THIS

top of page error and sidebar

edited December 2011 in Airlock Posts: 12
Hi Apollo13,

Thanks for the update works great!

Unfortunately, I ran into another problem. On Any page if i click the button "top of page" it will display a number at the at the bottom of the page each time i press it. For example i get like "740740740740" is there a fix to this?

Also I had another question concerning the sidebar. It is activated in my settings, however how do you place stuff on the sidebar? In my posts I try placing an image under the sidebar photo field however nothing appears on the sidebar.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• edited December 2011 Posts: 12
    Solved my previous contact form question!
    Post edited by dspadz on
    Hi Apollo13,

I solved the sidebar issue.

I found another bug. Im trying to add an 11 x 17 image that is less that 8mb. However, I'm getting this error message.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 60030976) (tried to allocate 3300 bytes) in /homepages/26/d390459952/htdocs/wp-includes/media.php on line 254

any idea why and how to fix this?

Thanks
  • AirAir
    Hi dspadz.

Thank for reporting "top of page", we will release fix in next update.

To add things to sidebar you have to use Appearance->Widgets menu as always in wordpress.
    dspadz said: I found another bug. Im trying to add an 11 x 17 image that is less that 8mb. However, I'm getting this error message.
    Please be more precise. Where do you add it? In post or in other place. Do you have problem with adding bigger images? Do you insert image in post or use "Blog post Detail - Add Image and videos" box to add or any other way?

With regards.

Hi Apollo,

Thanks for the reply. It happens when I'm in the portfolio section. I create a new post and add it under a section let's say for example "Photography" Then I select at the bottom "Add Image and Videos". I select add image and I upload my 11 X 17 image and when it is done uploading I get that error message and no photo appears.

Any idea why?

Thank you
  • AirAir
    edited December 2011 Posts: 10,970
    You mean 11px x 17px ?
    Tried to uplaod any bigger photos? Cause this seems a bit to small. If it happens on upload, then it sounds like some wordpress issue rather then theme.

Also please provide info as explained here http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/12/before-you-ask-read-this-#Item_1

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    The image is a poster advertisement sized 11 inches x 17 inches. Is it because its not in pixels (px)?
  • AirAir
    Could you please e-mail me that photo on bledy (at) 10g.pl ? I will test it on my local WP installation.
    Unfortunately, I do not have the file on me at the moment. For now, perhaps you can test creating a file in photoshop sized at 11 inches x 17 inches at 300ppi, and save it as a jpeg, tiff or png.

If you cannot, I will send it to you later. what is your email?
  • AirAir
    I provided e-mail in previous comment. I'm waiting for e-mail from you.

With regards.
    Hello Dspadz
    I'm not a programmer as a friend above, I am a graphic designer so I'll try to comment as a graphic designer :)

I do not know why you put the file in a portfolio with a resolution of 300 dpi (11 'x 17'). This format is only used for printing.

You will not find the monitor (or TV) which displays the image without scaling. If you want to share this picture for print I would recommend you put the big file on the server and put a link and Insert to portfolio thumb with 72dpi resolution.

I do not know for sure but it may be a restriction in the WP which prohibits add bigger files than 72dpi

Best Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
    Thank you, email has been sent!
    Thank you for your reply daniel.

The only problem is that when I do convert it to 72dpi resolution I lose so much quality and my image turns out blurry.
    I know what you mean, this problem is frequently encountered :)
    but I promise you that WP will do the same and scale. I am afraid that the result will be much worse than if you did it yourself.
    Lead Graphic Designer
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 422
    Ill try to help you.
    please send me your file on info@apollo13.eu. see what i can do :)

Best Daniel
    Post edited by Daniel on
    Lead Graphic Designer
    Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately, I do not have the file with me at the moment. I sent Apollo13 a test page for now. I will be home in about 6.5 hours, if your still awake and not busy at that time in your timezone, I can send it to you then.
    I will be available :)
    Lead Graphic Designer
  • AirAir
    I googled some and it looks like two things may happen:
    1. server limts - you know how much memory take graphic operations, right? While uploading wordpress make some of them, and when image is such big it could easy run out of memory.
    2. Some plugin breaks WP.

For more info you can check this topics:
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/out-of-memory-when-uploading-images
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/is-wordpress-out-of-memory

With regards.
    Dspadz
    I gotta go. send me the file, I will deal with it tomorrow! :)
    Best Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer