Before you ask please READ THIS

Album titles: Wrong position

in Photon Posts: 24
Hello,

I disabled the page loader and now I noticed an issue.

You can try to go on this page:
http://alexiakaren.ninjacomputing.com/creations/
And you will see, as soon as you click on another page in the menu, all the album title are going in the center.

Do you know why this happen?

Cheers

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Sure. Such things will happen when you disable preloader but have active AJAX option.
    Either disable AjAX http://apollo13.eu/docs/photon/#!/ajax_settings
    OR enable preloader even if it would be only dark color without loading animation.

With kind regards.
    Ok thanks.

But I don't understand why this issue happen when I leave the page as everything is loaded.

Thanks
  • AirAir
    thtest said: But I don't understand why this issue happen when I leave the page as everything is loaded.
    Isotope(masonry script) is switched off before changing site, which deactivates position: absolute on bricks elements, what moves titles that are positioned in these bricks(also absolute).

With kind regards.

I see, thanks.

It's not possible to disable this behavior? Just keeping the masonry as it is when leaving the page?
  • AirAir
    Yes, disable AJAX as I said before. Masonry have to be disabled in case of AJAX before leaving page, or site will crash. You can also add position: absolute to bricks and it should save this situation. But disabling ajax is most advised in your situation, as you don't use music.

With kind regards.
    The problem of disabling ajax is that the website will be slower
  • AirAir
    You base this opinion on what ? :-) If you read what I wrote about it in documentation then you will know that only benefit is availability of music. No better speed at all - I know cause I made it.

I will link it once again http://apollo13.eu/docs/photon/#!/ajax_settings maybe you will open it this time ;-)

In wordpress I can't load only part of theme on "page AJAX reload", cause of very large number of plugins that can mess things around, so I have to load WHOLE page by AJAX and take from it various elements and replace them. So normal full request is done for new page, plus slow JavaScript replacement.

Parts of theme that can benefit from AJAX, like album list, or single album will still use it even if you disable whole page AJAX. It is possible there cause it is part of theme, where plugins can not do much harm.

So just disable AJAX and have happy life :-)
    Ok I thought album list will be impacted

Thanks
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 24
    Ok everything works fine.

Thanks for you detailed explanation, I appreciate.
    Post edited by thtest on