Before you ask please READ THIS

Saving issues when changing text

Hi there,

I experience a very strange issue. Every time I change something to a text block, I lose all my previous adjustments!

So I can edit the text block, save it like it should, watch the adjustment live, but when I edit the next text block it doesn't seem to remember my previous adjustments, and just adjust text block 2... I'm a bit stressed out because I can't work on my site like this!

- I installed the following plugin: Victheme time-line plugin (that should be compatible with visual composor)
- My visual composor needs an update (right now I'm working with Visualcomposer 5.0.1), but I can't seem to update it because it's part of the fatmoon theme, and I need to wait for a general update? (I installed the envato toolkit plugin - i think... check my previous post on that...)

Can you please help me out fast?
Thx!
Anneleen
(the website i'm talking about is: www.cutewebinars.com)

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)
    CUTE_Anneleen said: My visual composor needs an update (right now I'm working with Visualcomposer 5.0.1), but I can't seem to update it because it's part of the fatmoon theme, and I need to wait for a general update? (I installed the envato toolkit plugin - i think... check my previous post on that...)
    No it doesn't need update. It just informs you that VC plugin team released new version over weekend and that is all:-) As you said you will have to wait for theme update to get new version.
    CUTE_Anneleen said: So I can edit the text block, save it like it should, watch the adjustment live, but when I edit the next text block it doesn't seem to remember my previous adjustments, and just adjust text block 2... I'm a bit stressed out because I can't work on my site like this!

- I installed the following plugin: Victheme time-line plugin (that should be compatible with visual composor)
    Then disable this plugin, and test again. If it won't help disable other plugins, like explained here http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/12/before-you-ask-read-this-#debug_issue

If you were able to edit your pages before and now you can't then it have to be something that changed lately.

With kind regards.
  • Hi there, thank you for your answer!
    So I deactived all plugins and reactived them one by one. But once I activate the visual composer, I get the issue. So it can't have anything to do with the new plugin I installed, but is probably a general visual composer glitch. It's a new site, and I had the issues from the very start.

What to do now?
    Thx for your help!
    Anneleen
  • AirAir
    CUTE_Anneleen said: But once I activate the visual composer, I get the issue
    But as issue happen in Visual composer, you shouldn't deactivate it while testing as you wanted to know which plugin conflicts with it :-)

Maybe I will take a look?:-)

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
  • AirAir
    Hi again:-)

I have been on your site and I didn't experience any issues with saving text. It can be even viewed on your page. See screen shot also:image

Am I missing something about your issue?

With kind regards.
    ss-2017-03-14_09-46-32.png
    1393 x 184 - 9K
  • Hi there,
    So maybe you could give the following a try.
    For example: when I go to the page 'performance & development', I can see the text under the title 'GOAL': dit is een test.
    But when I want to edit this textblock in visual composer, I don't see this text, but only the standard text. (check attachments)

Every time I make an adjustment, I can see the adjustment live, but when I want to re-adjust something, it didn't remember my text in the editor...
    Schermafbeelding 2017-03-14 om 11.03.47.png
    2560 x 1600 - 876K
    Schermafbeelding 2017-03-14 om 11.03.55.png
    2560 x 1600 - 413K
  • AirAir
    I see you are using front-end editor. I never use it as it is sometimes unreliable. In backend editor it works fine, so you can use it safely.

However I have tested it(front-end editor) on your site and indeed it doesn't update. I tried various things, but I have on clue why it doesn't work proper.

Do you have any cache mechanism on your server or maybe you have moved this site from somewhere else?
    Is there a chance that you could try again on fresh install?

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    edited March 2017 Posts: 10,970
    For anyone with this issue, it was problem of VC with PHP 7.1. With new version they fix it, and we will release new theme version as soon as we finish testing.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on