Before you ask please READ THIS

Turn off the responsive feature ?

edited October 2012 in Spaceship Posts: 22
Is there anyway to turn off the responsive feature ?

Comments

• AirAir
    Why anyone would want that?
  • Hi there - the design / menu bar is going haywire when viewed on an ipad

Any suggestions ?
    ipadhaywire.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 77K
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 22
    this is ideally how it should be looking on an ipad ( this is how it views on my PC )

menu bar should ideally be all on 1 line

ipad.jpg
    1402 x 741 - 130K
    pcview.jpg
    960 x 440 - 53K
    Post edited by spcshiptheme on
  • AirAir
    Just check on my demo page. Menu aligns this way cause it saves space for other things in header (social icons, music, and search form).

Description thing - it is long description there so it may not fit.

Hmm dunno what to do with that now...
  • I won't be using anything else in the header - is it possible to comment the other icons out in the header.php file or elsewhere -- thus opening up space for the full menu at the top ?
  • AirAir
    edited October 2012 Posts: 10,970
    Then we will have to switch to not compressed version and mess around with code. Firstly we will deal with your IE 8 issue, then we will try fighting here.

Edit: Link to your project will help a lot with doing it.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Thanks so much. I don't have an issue in turning off the compressed version / editing the code.

Compatibility with the ipad is obviously so important now-a-days.

I really appreciate your help.
  • Attached is a screenshot showing how the menu displays on an ipad when not using the other icons in the header.

I have sent you a PM with the live project details.

Many thanks
    specphoto.JPG
    1296 x 968 - 406K
  • AirAir
    I would be grateful if you would send me real ipad instead of ipad photo ;-)
    Don't worry we will make it better for you :-) But first IE 8 topic!
  • AirAir
    Hmmm i just have checked your site and in narrow view(I don't have Ipad) menu is fully wide. It is strange, but it works now for me. I will et some simulator and try to check again, but mean while please confirm that it doesn't work on iPad.

With regards.
  • AirAir
    I see you have removed some css about #access, good, but you could let me know, cause I am wasting time looking for differences.

With regards.
  • I experimented with editing the CSS through trial and error so can't exactly say what was taken out. It is still not ideal as best case scenario is that Logo + Menu Items should all be on the same line assuming there is sufficient space. Currently it is split unnecessarily over 2 lines with the logo occupying its own line and then the menu items underneath.

Thanks
  • AirAir
    I must tell you that such targeting only one device with your changes is nor future friendly nor user friendly. But OK, if you want it for yourself:-) To make menu in one line with logo for Ipad, I think we should lower font size there and remove some lines like this ~2243

#root > header .inside{
    display: block;
    text-align: center;
    }
    #root > header .inside{
    display: block;
    text-align: center;
    }
    #logo{
    display: inline-block;
    padding: 0;
    }