Before you ask please READ THIS

Limited Customisation

I have uploaded the Fatmoon theme via ftp. I can see the full theme files in the back end, but not in WP. So I cannot customise my theme fully. Please advise me as to how I can see these options. I currently only see 6 customisation options. And I know there should be about 14 options. Do I need to activate the theme before I can see those options? I was hoping to edit the new theme offline first before setting it live...
20180212_171006.jpg
5312 x 2988 - 7M

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey again!

First thing first - you will find this useful https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Next have you activated bundled plugins? http://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/installation-updating/installing-the-plugins/

Part about installing bundled plugins - you should see such notice in admin area as shown in documentation. If you don't see it, try going to Appearance → Install Plugins.
    There you should see plugins that are required for theme to work fully. You should install & activate them.

Hope now you will be able to proceed.

With kind regards.
  • Nice joke about how to take screen shots. But yes I am aware of how to do that thanks.
    You might think I'm a dimwit, but I'm telling you that I don't see plugin bundles in admin or plugin section of WP.

So once again do I NEED to ACTIVATE the theme? or is something wrong with how the preview looks WITHOUT having ACTIVATED the theme?

Because if I've bought a bad theme then I'd like to get refunded. That's all I'm trying to suss out.

One again I'm thankful for any guidance you can give me.

Saskia
  • AirAir
    Hi Saskia:-)

Link was jut informative - I wanted to help, as not everybody need to know everything.

What you mean by activating theme? You mean providing purchase code?
    If yes, then it is not needed for options to appear.

If you don't mind I could take a look, cause this should be very easy case.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
  • AirAir
    edited February 2018 Posts: 10,970
    OK I have been on your site.

Like I said, after activation of theme, go to Appearance → Install Plugins - there are plugins to install. I would do that but your server requires FTP credintials to proceed, so you will have to do it on your own.

Hope now you can proceed:-)

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Thank you All I wanted to know is if I have to activate the theme first for the rest to appear.
    You have now confirmed that is what's needed.

Hope it'll work now.
  • AirAir
    Sorry i didn't get that. I was so sure by activation you mean providing purchase code, eh.

It is funny how people make assumptions that "this is obvious" and can not see when some one asks about this "obvious":-)

My bad, thanks for your patience !

With kind regards.