Before you ask please READ THIS

Hover boxes and mobile

Hi!

So in our website, we've used a few hover boxes, however, when we're on mobile - the boxes don't turn when tapped.

It's important as we've made the text in the box on the back a link to another page.

Furthermore, is there any way to make the entire hover box clickable as a link?

Thanks.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

Hovers are treated different on various mobiles, and on some they can not be tapped easily to activate, without opening link instantly.

Can you show me link with those boxes that you mention?

With kind regards.
  • Hi!

An example is this page: http://bespokelaw.com/our-people/

We'd like for the boxes to be clickable on both mobile and desktop, but we'd also like to see the 'flip' functionality work on mobile.

If it helps, we've currently tested it on iPhones.
  • AirAir
    Hello again :-)

So it is element from WPBakery page builder, right?
    Could you tell me which one exactly it is?

As it is from external plugin it might not be easy to make it work on iPhone, but if I will know which one it is then I could try to make some solution for you :-)

On Adnroid Phones hover works fine right now :-)

With kind regards.
  • Hi!

It's the 'hover box' element in WPBakery. Sorry - I just realised that it was an external element. But I appreciate you looking into this for me.

Thanks!
  • AirAir
    From all the solution for iPhone I have found that adding empty onclick attribute works best. However you will have to modify plugin for this.

Go to wp-content\plugins\js_composer\include\templates\shortcodes\vc_hoverbox.php line ~53
    and change <div class="vc-hoverbox">
    to <div class="vc-hoverbox" onclick="">

You can also think about adding this attribute with JavaScript, to be "update proof".

With kind regards.