Before you ask please READ THIS

Elementor not working where Mailchimp embedded sing-up form code is pasted

edited April 2018 in Rife Posts: 20
Hi,

I would need your advice.

After I included an embedded Mailchimp sign-up form to my Home page I noticed that Elementor editor loaded in but on the right side (where I can make changes) it became empty and white. The content wasn't showing even if I could see the space for it was there. In reality the content is there but Elementor is not showing it. ( I loaded up a snapshot of what I see). I pasted the Mailchimp embedded code in a text box.

I am wondering if there is any specific way I could fix this issue. On the long run it might cause me a headache. Currently I am happy with the homepage and I did some minor changes using the WP Editor instead but it messes sometimes the formatting.

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Best,
Linda
Elementor blank after Mailchimp code.jpg
1920 x 1030 - 111K
Post edited by LindaHo on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey Linda:-)

It seems like clash between those 2 plugins, and it maybe best to talk with their developers.
    However if you tell me what is exact name of mailchimp plugin then I will take a look also.

With kind regards.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 20
    Hi Air! :)

Thank you for your answer. I will contact Mailchimp as well.

Thank you also for wanting to take a look at it.

I am not using any plugin. I just generated straight on the mailchimp website (mailchimp.com) within my list>sign-up forms> embedded forms the content and it automatically generated the code below I just pasted in the text tab (in WP editor- adding a snapshot pic).

Thank you!
    Linda
    I am sending 2 attachments that might help you:
    - snapshot of where I pasted the code (JPEG)
    - the code (Word doc)
    Mailchimp code directly pasted into TEXT.jpg
    1496 x 547 - 120K
    docx
    docx
    Begin MailChimp Signup Form.docx
  • AirAir
    OK Linda.

Such code will only cause problems, and you should use plugins to add newsletter. Adding such code in WordPress editor/Elementor is not safe, and rather not accepted by those scripts, and can make such issues.

Better use plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/mailchimp-for-wp/

With kind regards.
    Hi Air,

Many thanks for your advice! I am a newbie keen to learn and this was a good lesson.

Also let me pause here and let you know how much I do enjoy using the RIFE theme! My website is looking really really nice! So THANK YOU for creating it and providing all the help as well! I do appreciate them a lot!

Now back to the remaining challenge:

What I did:
    - I removed the Mailchimp code and used the plugin you suggested above. Now I have a shortcode pasted in the text and it works.

Current challenges remaining:
    - Unfortunately Elementor is still blank when I try to open it on the Home page. Other pages work well. I am wondering if I need to do anything to the plugin to try to motivate it to work again.

- Unfortunately the Header style on the Home page changed to Upper Case only even if I am using the default settings (H2 for ex). I would love to fix that. I doubt my audience would appreciate the Upper Case style.

I am very sorry for the mess!
    Many thanks in advance!
    Kind regards,
    Linda
  • AirAir
    Hey Linda:-)

I am glad you like Rife theme so much. Hope it will get only better for you.

As for Elementor issue: if you like I can take a look, cause I suspect there can be some JavaScript error remaining after previous code was inserted.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
    LindaHo said: Unfortunately the Header style on the Home page changed to Upper Case only even if I am using the default settings (H2 for ex). I would love to fix that. I doubt my audience would appreciate the Upper Case style.
    Could you show me link to page where I could see it, so I could understand better which element it is exactly? Did this happen after mailchimp issue?

With kind regards.