Before you ask please READ THIS

Missing temporary folder !

edited November 2012 in Hypershot Posts: 10
I can't upload anything! It says missing a temporary folder, i have tried too many things already. This not why I purchased this.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello.

Our themes are based on best wordpress practices. Unfortunately there is so much different server configuration out there in the world, that some may not be compatible with wordpress or with our theme from start. But there is always something that can be done. So far we never had such issue, and you are first to report it.

I feel miserably that you start topic with such disappointment and not providing any details about your installation. Please follow steps from link in my footer, and provide necessary info, co we could continue debugging what went wrong in your installation.

As for your kind of issue you can also send me admin access to your Wordpress via private message here on forum, so I will check out live.

With regards.
  • Sure where I can I do that..
    I don't have any details about my installation. I did everything accordingly the installation list. Googled for 4 hours for a solution regarding the missing temporary folder.
  • AirAir
    O man...
    Have you read topic I mentioned? -> http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/12/before-you-ask-read-this-#Item_1

Cite from it:
    Any time you post question please provide this info:
    1. Link to your live project and screen shots(if necessary).
    2. List of ACTIVE plugins.
    3. Wordpress version.
    4. Theme version you have downloaded.
    5. Have you made any code modifications(CSS, JS, PHP)? If yes write what you changed.
    6. Any additional informations that might help.
    What about admin access I asked for?

• I'm not that technical so no i didn't read it.
    www.christophersmith.nl/wordpress
    addthis plugin
    wordpress 3.4.2
    hypershot
    i've changed some in wp-config-sample.php from
    and my domain is dutch www.mijndomein.nl

admin acces do i need to write that here?
  • AirAir
    If you don't read what I write to you so what is the point of me helping you?
    Explain please.
    I though you seek help here, but I won't do anything without you helping me in it.

I told you, send me access to WP via private message here on forum. You can create temporary access for me in Users menu, and delete it after we are done with your issue.

How to send private message? Click my nick, or follow this link http://support.apollo13.eu/profile/1/Air and then Send Air a Message
  • AirAir
    edited November 2012 Posts: 10,970
    OK I have logged in, checked , and as you mentioned it is not working BUT it is not theme issue, but your wordpress is not working correctly,as even in media library can't upload any image.

Tell me please where you see this notice ' It says missing a temporary folder' and what does it literally says(copy paste it here). Be as specific as possible, so we will faster get to solution.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Ok that is weird.
    I'll post a screen shot. It's when you want to upload a song for your player. And when you want to upload a photo.

Schermafbeelding 2012-11-14 om 09.45.23.png
    1051 x 439 - 44K
    Schermafbeelding 2012-11-14 om 09.46.26.png
    708 x 521 - 55K
  • AirAir
    edited November 2012 Posts: 10,970
    OK it was problem with your installation, or rather with your hosting provider. Following this topic http://wordpress.org/support/topic/missing-a-temporary-folder and checking what is temp directory as mentioned there, I found that you didn't have tmp directory created.

I created file test.php and added there
    <?php
    var_dump(ini_get('upload_tmp_dir'));
    ?>
    to check where it should be added, and then created it with full write access(777).
    Now everything works fine.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • I love you. no homo :D
  • AirAir
    If you appreciate our help in things that were not belonging to our responsibility, please correct your comment on Themeforest cause 'money back' threats doesn't look good, and it breaks our reputation. Or you still think we deserve it?

Thanks in advance.
  • I will. You've earned it. Happy customer!
  • I don't know how to get rit of it i'm sorry, help!
  • AirAir
    Just write in next comment true story and tell how we helped you, just do reply to your own comment like you did earlier :-)
    You can also rate our theme. It will help us a lot! :)
    Lead Graphic Designer