Before you ask please READ THIS

Clickable Pop Up/Light Box

edited August 2018 in Rife Posts: 37
Hi,

I am pitching a client to switch from another theme (WP Bakery bundled) to Rife.

But we need to make sure can they achieve this effect as follows:

(1) A PAGE or Portfolio Page Grid (NOT POST) from a set of selected Pages
(2) With Title and Overlay across each Page Grid items and when clicked upon....
(3) Open up a "Light Box/Popup" of the Page Selected with where they can scroll with clickable link on them.

You can refer to the attached screen shot on to the following link to see what I mean...

Https://cl.ly/4312373f3K2D

Cheers
Jason S
Post edited by jasonser on

Comments

Hello Jason

Right now we have the option to show works in the lightbox, here you can see how it works: https://rifetheme.com/chillout2/#works
    There is only one restriction there, you can't add content from the Elementor and you can use only the default WordPress editor.

You can enable this option here: http://nimb.ws/f5SNQC

Best Regards
    Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
    Thanks Daniel.

Will play around with this a little. Any chance you guys will be working on enabling the elementor features for this or does elementor pro or any addon/plugins can do this off the shelf?

Cheer
    Jason S
  • AirAir
    This is not easy as this content is loaded by AJAX, and all Elementor scripts will not fire again, at least to my knowledge.

It will require to fire them again manually. And the tricky part is to know which one to fire and how.

I will look into this(Putting it in kilometer long TODO list).

With kind regards.
    Thanks Air.

No worry, I will figure other way around to pitch my client.

In the mean time, I just found a plugin that seems to do this.

Here's the link: https://www.dynamic.ooo/demo/ajax-page/

Maybe you can use it as a reference in the future.....(after that
    "Light Years" long To Do List of yours.)

:)
    Cheers

Jason S

• AirAir
    edited August 2018 Posts: 10,970
    I thought that is plugin is supporting Elementor content, but it doesn't seem to.
    It is rather simple as our "works in lightbox". It just has a widget in Elementor instead of our shortcode for post grid.

Still, if you like it that is good :-)

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    HI Air,

Yes, you are right. After further research, that plugin other than having a widget in Elementor, is also limited like your shortcode, where the POP UP page does not support ELementor Build page but regular theme page.

Guess this will be a dead end then.

But just wondering, what if we use Revo Slider to build that PoP up page instead?

Tell me what you think?

Cheers

Jason S
  • AirAir
    jasonser said: But just wondering, what if we use Revo Slider to build that PoP up page instead?
    What you ask about? Will it support Elementor?
    If it is loaded by AJAX then I suppose it will not.

As I said before, Elementor actions in such case have to be triggered manually. It would be easier if Elementor wouldn't evolve all the time :-)

With kind regards.
    HI Air,
    Thanks for your answer and your patience.
    I am not simply not "Tech Savvy" enough to grasps everything you told me.
    I must LEARN More. :)

Jason S
  • AirAir
    Don't worry about it.

I believe it is possible to make Elementor work in "lightbox content" loaded dynamically by AJAX, but I am afraid it will be a fragile solution(cause of constant changes in Elementor updates). This could cause unnecessary frustration among users and hate towards solution implementor(me :D ).

However, I am open to taking the challenge, just need to solve other things currently, so I will not be able to match with your schedule and give you a solution while you need it :-)

With kind regards.