Before you ask please READ THIS

Menu Not Visible on Mobile

in Rife Posts: 78
Hi

I have read all your theme header docs but seems I am missing something.

How do I get the nav menu to be visible at all times with black font. I have tried everything in customizer and turned off variants but still I cant see the nav menu on tablet landscape mode - theres no text there.

Also have an issue with Sticky Menu - logo is uploaded and does not show and font does not show either

Its possible that I have some wrong settings but its quite confusing

I will email you a login for the dev site

Thanks

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

MyMetta said: How do I get the nav menu to be visible at all times with black font. I have tried everything in customizer and turned off variants but still I cant see the nav menu on tablet landscape mode - theres no text there.
    Do you mean the icon opening the main menu? For me it is currently white on white so invisible.
    Go to Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Tools icons to set the color of this icon.
    MyMetta said: Also have an issue with Sticky Menu - logo is uploaded and does not show and font does not show either
    Do you mean sticky header?
    I have checked that you have uploaded same logo for normal and sticky header, so there will be no difference. However, to use you will need to go to Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Type, variant, background and in → Header color variants choose Enable only for sticky variant.

If you mean something else, please explain in more details.

With kind regards.
    Hi

Thanks. No I dont mean the icon.

I think I have got confused with all the options.

This is what I am trying to do

Main Nav Menu Bgd Color is orange

On Scroll Down -I want to have a different coloured background e.g. white for the sticky header

Im sure the theme does this I just cant quite understand which settings to use - see kinsta.com for an example - just start scrolling down and you see the main menu change from dark colour to light - this is exactly what I wish to do if you can help.

I have the orange only colour working now but cant get the sticky header bit to work.

thanks

Oh Im working on local dev now but you can use the dev site from yesterday. Thx
  • AirAir
    OK, You probably mean header background color.

So you have to have active header color variants. Go to Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Type, variant, background and in → Header color variants choose Enable only for sticky variant.

Next in Header settings → Sticky header - overwrites set all you colors for sticky header :-)
    Simply you are overwriting here colors from normal variant. So if you will not set some color, default will be used.

With kind regards.
    Hi

Thanks. I tried this and set this to green colour just for testing

Next in Header settings → Sticky header - overwrites set all you colors for sticky header :-)

It doesnt show any green - just the same header background colour - orange

What am I missing?! :)

Im trying to create the header effect you seen on kinsta.com as you scroll down it changes from dark to light.

Thanks
  • AirAir
    Just 1 thing: you have a disabled sticky version of header :-)

Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Type, variant, background → Sticky version - chose one that is not "Disabled".

I didn't notice this previously, sorry.

With kind regards.
    Hi I have this working - the confusion is what is showing on mobile

The sticky header is showing with logo white bgd to header but no fonts showing on mobile devices in landscape or mobile - where do you set the sticky header font colour or is it being cut off???

Also what does it do on mobile?? Looks like it still shows I see a white sticky but no text or hamburger once I leave desktop

See screenshot for settings or see on live and dev site

See shot of what I see on tablet - or just reduce browser size - just white header and logo

Thanks

Thanks
    Screenshot 2019-01-21 13.03.58.png
    1920 x 1080 - 142K
    Screenshot 2019-01-21 13.06.59.png
    1920 x 1080 - 110K
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

Please read the whole answer that I have linked, because I told you this before, that you have not visible hamburger, and it is in that reply:
    Air said: Do you mean the icon opening the main menu? For me it is currently white on white so invisible.
    Go to Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Tools icons to set the color of this icon.
    So there you can set the color for icons in the header. In sticky header settings(Header Settings → Sticky header – overwrites), you can override it with option Tools icons - color.

Hope now you will be able to do it:-)

With kind regards.