Before you ask please READ THIS

Nav Menu Item in Different Colour

in Rife Posts: 78
Hi

Please can you help

I cant see how to set the nav menu item active colour to be different from the hover link

e.g, I want orange as the link colour but a different colour as the active menu item font colour -

See dev site - active and the link colour are both orange - and I need to change the active hover menu item font colour to not be orange

Thanks

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

You have set it good - it is orange on hover and active.
    However, none of your links in the main menu is the current page :-)

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Maybe I don't understand what you mean by "active". However, for me normal link is now black, and orange on hover/active.

Hi - I mean that the active menu item font colour should NOT be the same as the link hover colour - so now I have orange for link hover and orange for active menu item that I am on

As I am using an orange background you cant see the active nav menu item - I need to change the font color to be different from the active link

See Screenshot - both are orange - how do i change the nav menu item font colour on active only to be different from the underline link - see the login menu item
    Thanks
    Screenshot 2019-01-10 12.27.16.png
    1920 x 1080 - 185K
  • AirAir
    OK :-)

In theme, one color is used for both states. We didn't want to multiply options even more, as it already too many of them:-)

For your current menu structure this should work: Please use this custom CSS:
    .top-menu > li.current-menu-item > a{
        color: red;
    }
    .top-menu.with-effect > li.current-menu-item > a span::before{
        background-color: red;
    }
    With kind regards.