Before you ask please READ THIS

Portfolio Slider Widget & Piecemaker/Nivo slider

edited October 2011 in Airborn Posts: 9
Hello,

I purchased the Airborn theme yesterday and trying everything a bit now.

The portfolio slider isnt working. It does not change the image and the button below to choose between the different items are all selected (filled). If I press on one of the buttons it just sends me back home.

You can see my test installation here with the slider on these two pages:
http://prisma.q-nox.de/test/
http://prisma.q-nox.de/

How can I fix that?

Second question is, where do I find the configuration to change the height of nivo and piecemaker sliders?

Thanks for the help

Flo

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey there.

Thanks for link to live project.

About slider I see, that you have some jquery conflict, and that pointed out bug in airborn theme. We will sort this out ASAP and release update.

About configuration, you can find it :
    nivo wp-content/themes/airborn/common/cssnivo-slider.css line 18
    piecemaker - not now (you can dig in airborn/user/*.xml files) :-)

But even if you change height it wont take any effect, cause of fixed image sizes in Airborn theme(it may do something if you set lower height). We will try to tweak it also.

Sorry for any inconvenience and please stay tuned.

Thank you for the answer.

Maybe this information helps you for fixing:
    I have these two plugins installed: "Transposh Translation Filter" and "WP UI - Tabs, accordions and more."
    I installed the second one, because otherweise the jquery-ui is missing and the box-designs of transposh dont work.

How ever after I deactivated the two plugins the slider still didnt worked.
    Since I am using the Menu Function of the theme for building the main menu, the portfolio slider widget is working good.
  • AirAir
    Thanks for all additional info, I am sure it will help to fix this!
    I will post info here when fix will be available. Thanks again for all help :-)
  • AirAir
    Hey fuqu. We have solved problem with jquery collision, but you will have to wait max 2 more days, cause we are fixing/tweaking few more things. Please be patient :-)
    sounds good.

I did some customization to the nivo slider so that the images could be linked now same as in the in piecemaker slider.

in shortcodes-generate.php i did add near

array(

'id' => 'sliders',

'name' => __( 'Sliders', TPL_SLUG ),

'codes' => array(

array(

'name' => __( 'Link to', TPL_SLUG ),

'subtag' => 'slide',

'id' => 'url',

'default' => '',

'place' => 'attr',

'type' => 'input',

'additive' => true

),

and in sliders.php i did add around the img tag:

if( isset( $matches[1][$i]['url'] ) && trim($matches[1][$i]['url']) != '' ){
    $img .= '';
    }

if( isset( $matches[1][$i]['url'] ) && trim($matches[1][$i]['url']) != '' ){
    $img .= '
    ';
    }

maybe thats usefull for others as well.

about the image size i did see that ne nivu slider just takes the height of the image if i use a longer one, so thats fine for me. i can just use the size that i want for the images there.

can see it with my linking change here: http://prisma.q-nox.de/beispiel-seite/
    ok the board took my html code :>
    $img .= '< a href="' . $matches[1][$i]['url'] . '" >';

$img .= '< /a >';
  • AirAir
    Hey there fuqu :-) The updated version was just flying to themeforest, when We saw your post:-) Man I was sure we made links in Nivo also, but they are not there :-)
    We will use your info. Thanks for all support once again ;-)