Before you ask please READ THIS

Hide Show Description and Link

edited November 2012 in Hypershot Posts: 8
How do I remove Show description and Link Icon on every image that gets displayed in any album?

Comments

• AirAir

Hello Show description shows when you add title or description for each photo. If you remove theme they wont show.

Link icon is not so easy to remove. If you want to remove both thing you mentioned we will have to remove them from template.

We will edit single-album.php(you can make copy, insert it to child theme, and edit child theme version)

remove this:
    line ~45

<span id="show-text" class="action" title="<?php _fe('Show description'); ?>"></span>

line ~68

<a class="info-ico" title="<?php _fe('Show description'); ?>"></a>

line ~76

<a class="link-ico" title="<?php _fe('Link'); ?>"></a>

With regards.

Thank you so much for the great theme and for all your help! I have a little problem: I tried the change above on the child theme and it did not work (the desciption and link are still showing). DO you have any other suggestions? Thank you so much!

Here is my mock site where you can see it (still setting things up):
    http://www.life-beautifully.com
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)

Are you sure you turned on child theme? It should work instantly as far as I know.

If you are sure, that everything is done proper, you can send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on. Send it here on forum via private message .

With regards.
    It says the child theme is activated, but I am no expert :-)

That would be so great! Thank you so much, Air!
  • AirAir
    I didn't log to your WP but handling other your topics I saw that you have copied content of mentioned file to /hypershot_child/style.css which is very not correct :-)

You should copy whole mentioned file to child theme and then edit it in child theme(read once again my answer to previous user).

Hope you can make it :-)

With regards.
    Air!

That explains it! I was in fact pasting it to the child theme stylesheet :-))

However when I past it to the theme child main editor page, I have brought my whole site down :-O... twice! :-) I had to go on my hosts cpanel and deactivate the child theme for it to come back. I assume this is because I am copying the wrong thing in there (maybe I am not copying the right part of the code).

I am adding the whole single-album.php (starting in "<?php" ... to "<?php endwhile; // end of the loop. ?>") onto the child theme main window (the one right above csc which says functions, right below where ti says for me to add my changes. The site goes down immediately when I do that. The error messages on my cpanel say something about an unexpected "<"

Am I doing it wrong?

Sorry, I am a bit clueless. :-P

THank you so much!

Ananda

P.s.: Sorry it took me so long to see this (I got pulled from this to another project for a couple of weeks)
    I am adding the code to "Hypershot child theme: Theme Functions (functions.php)" the only option in the editor for the child theme other than "stylesheets".
  • AirAir
    :-)
    Go to your FTP and literally copy file single-album.php from main theme to child theme, so after this procedure you will have same file in main theme and child theme(two same files in different places). After this you can edit child theme file single-album.php to make proper changes :-)

Hope now you can make it :-)

With regards.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 13
    Is there is possible to hide and show center screen icons depending, for example on fullscreen/fullvisible album?

Something like
    if($apollo13->get_meta('_fit_album') == '1')
    ?

For example, if I want to hide this part of code:
    <div id="album-icons" class="album-icons">
    <a class="info-ico" title="
    from single-album.php for fullscreen frontpage.
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    Yes, try it :-) I think you should be able to do it:-) Come to me if you have any problems.

With regards.
  • I got the idea, but I'm don't know php =)

So, I'll be very glad, if you can give me exact code, that I can put in single-album.php with exact "if" and exact html code in it.
  • AirAir
    OK I might help you with code, but I don't know what exactly you wish, cause previously you wrote about example, not specific behaviour. So write what exactly and when.

With regards.
  • I use 2 types of fullscreen albums.
    With "fit album" -- "Full screen" for main page and "Fully visible" for others.
    I want code to check, if right now it on "fully visible", and only in that case use "info" and "link" icons in the middle of the screen. And skip them for "full screen"

And other case, if it possible, turn #header-container{box-shadow: none;} only for hidden layout, and returning shadow for full. =)
  • AirAir
    single-album.php line ~76, change HTML you have cited before to this code:

<?php if($apollo13->get_meta('_fit_album') === '1'): ?>
        <div id="album-icons" class="album-icons">
            <a class="info-ico" title="<?php esc_attr_e(__fe('Show description')); ?>"></a>
            <div class="share-ico" title="<?php esc_attr_e(__fe('Share this')); ?>">
                <div id="addthis-toolbox">

<?php /*addthis_print_widget( null, null, 'small_toolbox' )*/ ?>
                </div>
            </div>
            <a class="link-ico" title="<?php esc_attr_e(__fe('Link')); ?>"></a>
        </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

mrakor said: And other case,
    Please, NO OTHER CASES in one topic:-)

With regards.
  • Hi,

I have tried doing the recommended edit to single-album.php installed into the child theme folder, but the photo description is still showing up as can be seen in this screenshot. :-(
    Any suggestions?
    Screen Shot 2014-01-08 at 16.47.16.png
    1599 x 1161 - 1M
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

What you showed is lightbox - it is totally different case. Check http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/2712#Comment_2712
    and http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/2497#Comment_2497 point 6

With regards.
  • Hi Air,

Thanks for the response!
    It did work - kind of. However, now the thumbnail numbering is not displayed (this I do want!) while the image description is still displayed (this I do not want). Please see the attached screenshot...

So, how can I remove the image description via the css while keeping the thumbnail numbering?
    Screen Shot 2014-01-09 at 7.43.10.png
    1608 x 1166 - 1M
  • AirAir
    You just need to read what you did:-) This topics are described what they do:-)

With regards.
  • Hi Air,

Yes...the recommended modification removes the image numbering but not the image description. What is needed is to hide the image description instead.

Here are screenshots of the recommended modification which removes the the image numbering, but leaves the image description - I need the reverse! Thanks!

Screen Shot 2014-01-09 at 9.30.14.png
    1132 x 522 - 59K
  • AirAir
    O Man!
    Have you really read what each modification did? I send you two links. Please open them and read.

First link do what you need, and second do what you don't need(so remove this modification).

Hope this time you will get it:-)

With regards.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 9
    Aha...got it!

I needed to add this to the css:
    .nyroModalTitle{
        display: none;
    }
    and not
    .nyroModalCount{
        display: none;
    }