Before you ask please READ THIS

How to change word in URLs of Works (/work => /publicidad)

edited May 13 in FatMoon Posts: 17

Hi.

I am going to publish my web that I have recently finished and I want to ask you a question.

I want to change the word "work" in portfolio section : https://imagingfactory.thednscluster.com/work/ (General)
https://imagingfactory.thednscluster.com/work/books/ (Individual works)

I would like to change both to another :
https://imagingfactory.thednscluster.com/publicidad/
https://imagingfactory.thednscluster.com/publicidad/books/

to another one in spanish for better understanding.

How I could change this word?

Regards.
Post edited by Air on

Comments

  • AirAir
    Posts: 10,488
    Hello :-)
    GalernaEstudio said: I would like to change both to another :
    https://imagingfactory.thednscluster.com/publicidad/
    https://imagingfactory.thednscluster.com/publicidad/books/
    As for the slug "work" you can change it in https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/customizing-the-theme/works-portfolio-settings/single-work-slug/

    As it is explained there, you should name your works list page slug, something different then what will be your slug for works.

    In other words, it is not safe(because of WordPress architecture) to name slugs:
    www.com/publicidad/ -  (General)
    www.com/publicidad/books/ - (Individual works)
    You have to make those slug different like it is originally: wor
    www.com/works/ -  (General)
    www.com/work/books/ - (Individual works)
    With kind regards.
  • edited May 15 Posts: 17
    Hi again.

    Ok, I would like to confirm what you are telling to me to ensure that I have understand it.

    I can't use the same slug to the portafolio section and the slug name for its works.

    So if want to change www.com/portfolio/ as the URLs comes by default and also I want to change the slug name for the portfolio works, the slug for the works have to be different than the slug section of the portfolio.

    In this moment, I could not change the slug "work" for "portfolio", is it?

    So the correct configuration to the change portfolio general slug and the slug of its entries, should be for example this:

    www.com/publicidad/ - (General) => Changing the slug name from the page
    www.com/trabajos/books/ - (Individual works) => Changing the slug from the Customization panel

    Is it correct?

    Regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    Posts: 10,488
    GalernaEstudio said: So if want to change www.com/portfolio/ as the URLs comes by default and also I want to change the slug name for the portfolio works, the slug for the works have to be different than the slug section of the portfolio.
    Correct :-)
    GalernaEstudio said: In this moment, I could not change the slug "work" for "portfolio", is it?
    You can just be sure you don't have such a page/post with the same slug anywhere else, also it is not in the trash.
    GalernaEstudio said: www.com/publicidad/ - (General) => Changing the slug name from the page
    www.com/trabajos/books/ - (Individual works) => Changing the slug from the Customization panel

    Is it correct?
    It looks correct :-)

    With kind regards.
  • Ok, thank you very much.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion