Before you ask please READ THIS

Word Press 3.5 update - Theme will not show home page

edited December 2012 in Hypershot Posts: 50
Earlier today my host/hostgator released a Word Press 3.5 update automatically after which my home page is blank. I have a logo and I can see the menu. However my slider album I had as my home page does not come up. I go back into the hypershot theme and the settings appear to be fine. I called hostgator and they are going to restore the site back to the original format before the 3.5 update. In the meantime, I want to know how to fix this. Can you please take a look at my web site www.virimages.com

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi bronco7777

We had similar issue in our previous theme and maybe same goes for Hypershot http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/2526#Comment_2526

Mainly it is about SEO plugin + WP 3.5 making some mess with our theme. I will check it later, and if it the same I will try to make some patch till Monday. But please confirm if you use same plugin as described in topic.

With regards.
  • Yes, we do have an SEO plugin. We will wait for your patch. Thank you!
  • Air, have you been able to find a solution for the WP 3.5 issue that affects the Hypershot theme home page?
  • AirAir
    Yes, update is now available on themeForest.

With regards.
  • Ok thanks for the update we just switched over. However, now on the home page our Menu shows the default colors of black & red for your hypershot theme even though we have our colors and customizations set in the appearance settings. We also have a font and size setting already in the appearance settings....but on the home page menu as well as in other pages of the website it shows the default font and size that comes with hypershot. We need our settings to show.
    Our website is www.virimages.com

And here is a screen shot of issue:
    Menu problem.jpg
    1583 x 613 - 140K
    Hi
    I had a similar thing happen, I changed the font size for the main menu and it all changed back to how it was before the update.
  • AirAir
    That is correct. Please check http://apollo13.eu/docs/hypershot/#!/installation_update_update_theme yellow border.

Sorry for inconvenience.
  • Perfect. Thank you!
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 10
    Figured it out... -_-
    Post edited by onefourphoto on