Before you ask please READ THIS

Facebook "Like" button in header or footer.

edited February 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 19
Hi

I have a Facebook "Like" button plugin on my site and it show up on my blogg post and pages but not on my Albums since its fullscreen bricks. So I was wondering if its possible to have a "Like" button after the FOLLOW Icon in the header or in the footer? I tried to upload a pic here but it takes for ever. Can link to it if you don´t understand me :)

Best Regards!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello,

You can do it(in header) but it won't be safe modification(it will affect responsive layout).
    I would advice you to use footer copyright text area - you can insert HTML there:-)

With regards.
    Hi,

I tried to but it in the footer but it effects the copyright text in the way that you only see half of it. Can I switch the search button/area in the header to a like button?(just but HTML in that area instead of that search button?

Thank you for your answer!
    Best Regards!
  • AirAir
    You can :-) In this topic you have what is the code for search in header http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/960/how-can-i-move-a-search-box-in-the-footers#Item_2

You can delete it and insert your code, but read my comment about unsafe change.

With regards.
    Hi

Didn´t work at all, the website didn't load at all. Is there a way to fix a higher footer in px. The Like button frame is 35px, and it mess up the text in the footer like I said before. So if I could make the footer just a little bit higher I think it would work?

Best Regards!
  • AirAir
    edited March 2013 Posts: 10,970
    Triztic said: Didn´t work at all, the website didn't load at all
    So you probably had syntax error. It happens, nut doesn't matter now.

Use this custom CSS

#footer {
    height: 35px;
    }
    With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Okey,

But were do I put it? style.css did not work.

Best Regards!
    Should I use a Child Themes? And should I disable compressed CSS?

Sorry for all the fuzz

Best Regards!
  • AirAir
    http://apollo13.eu/docs/hypershot/#!/modification_of_theme
    Use one option from three below:
    1.child theme
    2.plugin for Custom CSS
    3.disable compressed CSS

I advise for 2.

With regards.
    Okey, I have installed and aktivate the plugin, insert your custom CSS you give me in the plugin. And I have disable the compromised CSS in the hyper shot menu. Noting is working.

check out the footer www.fotograftobias.se

Best Regards
  • AirAir
    O man, sorry I don't how I give you such shi**y CSS :-S I have fixed my CSS from above post so try again inserting fixed one.

With regards.
    :) Well know we talking. Works like a charm!

Thank you so much!

Best Regards!