Before you ask please READ THIS

Vertical lines in background on Chrome browser.

edited February 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 5
Hello there.
First of all, thank you for a very nice theme. Almost everything works as advertised but I have run into a display problem when viewing the theme on the Chrome browser. When browsing through an album and the aspect of the pictures change from horizontal to vertical it leaves thin white lines behind on the background. Sometimes more and sometimes less and they disappear if you change the resize the browser but returns when the aspect changes again. I have attached a screen shot from your own demo site at Theme Forest.

Also, how can I remove the numbers under the pictures while viewing an album. I think I have to modify the .nyroModalCount but I'm afraid i don't know exactly how. As a temporary solution I have made them the exact colour of the background but I would like to remove them entirely.

Regards,
Staffan
Hypershot_lines.JPG
1118 x 782 - 62K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello,

About your main issue I don't think there is something that can be done(it is rather browser refresh issue) and I can't reproduce it on my iPad.

Your second issue http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/2497#Comment_2497 point 6 :-)

With regards.
  • Thanks for the quick response and the link for my 2nd issue.

Concerning my main issue I think it's rather strange that you flatly state that there is nothing to be done about it. If I were a developer I would be concerned that my product doesn't display properly in a browser that has such a large user base, especially since Chrome is in your compatible browser list on Theme Forest.

And even if you can't reproduce it on your iPad doesn't mean that there isn't a problem.

Please try to reproduce it on a regular pc with a regular display to get a grasp of how bad this looks. I've tried to reproduce it myself in other browsers but it only occurs in Chrome.

If it is an issue that only I get, on my particular set up and computer, no one would be happier than me and I can let it go.

Regards,
    Staffan
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)

Maybe I didn't use right words(I am not native English speaker) but I DON'T say that for sure nothing can be done. I have seen such rendering issues for quite few years and I know that mostly they are not worth of time spending.
    Sorry about iPad thing - I have misread this:
    staffanflodquist said: change from horizontal to vertical
    Now I know you didn't mean turning phone/tablet around but changing to next photo/video. It was pure my mistake :-)

I will check it out soon, and will tell you about results.

With regards.

• AirAir
    OK I can see it on chrome. As I thought - this is nasty rendering engine bug and it can be really hard to do something with it, however I will search for any tips in it. If I will find any clue to solve this I will reply here. Thanks for reporting:-)

With regards.
  • Thank you for your quick response, once again. :-)
    I appreciate you looking into the rendering problem.

I removed the numbers from under the pictures, no problem, but this caused the caption for the images to be moved down a little bit too far. Is there a way to adjust for this so the text can be placed in it's original position?

Regards,
    Staffan
  • AirAir
    Show me your issue : image/link :-)
    staffanflodquist said: I appreciate you looking into the rendering problem.
    You have to understand that such rendering engine issues is far from my powers as they are buried deep in chrome browser engine(chorme on iPad works OK - no lines, I don't have Mac so can't test there). I can only search for some workaround/trick to refresh this layout after switching to next image.

BUT :-) Two themes ago we had other quirk with safari browser which didn't work with base CSS behaviour. We spend week searching to fix it, made massive workaround for simple base thing, and as a result this base function turned out to be buggy thing that produced twenty topics here on forum. And no one even gave a **** about Safari.

That is why I tell that such issues is often not worth time spending cause result may become worse.

HOWEVER I will search for solution:-)

With regards.

• I have attached an image which shows the padding problem. Image to the left shows where the text is positioned with numbers enabled. This is where I want the text to be but preferably without the numbers. Image to the the right shows where the text ends up after removing the numbers. As you can see the text is further down which to me doesn't look so good. Any help appreciated. :-)

I understand it must be a pain getting the themes to work in all browsers and I appreciate you searching for a solution for this issue. I still like the theme a lot and it would be perfect if you managed to find a solution, that would most certainly earn you a 5 star rating from me over at Theme Forest. ;-)

Regards,
    Staffan
    padding_issue.jpg
    1200 x 465 - 297K
  • AirAir
    Hello,

Instead of previous CSS use this one:
    .nyroModalCount{
    visibility: hidden;
    }
    With regards.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 5
    Awesome! That did the trick! Thanks for the great and fast support Mr. Air! ;-)

Regards,
    Staffan
    Post edited by staffanflodquist on
  • AirAir
    Hello,

I have spend some time trying to fix this white lines in Chrome browser but no luck. Anyway I see, that in new chrome lines are still visible, but they disappear right after animation is ended.

Sorry, but I really have no knowledge how to improve it :-(

With regards.