Before you ask please READ THIS

blog posts showing only featured image

elizabarry.com

That's my site. When I add a post, the page cuts off all the content when there's no featured image and then if there is a featured image, it only shows that and none of the writing/comment parts. What did I toggle?

Also, I want my blog section to look like the sample site with the light navigation. What setting is that? Thank you!

Comments

Hi,
    please go to Xpert Options >> Layout >> General, find parameter 'Use accordion effect on content blocks?' and switch it off. It's mora like experimental feature, we still try to improve it, but for now it's working with the most simple websites.
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
    elizanotelizabeth said: Also, I want my blog section to look like the sample site with the light navigation. What setting is that? Thank you!
    Please edit the shortcode that displays posts, go to 'Item Design' tab and select 'Xpert post layout'
    All the Best.
  • Hi I tried to find where this is and I can't find it. Can you give me more details? Where do I find a shortcode to edit?
  • also I toggled the setting to turn off accordion effect and that did not fix my blog content
    Hi Eliza!
    It's been a while, isn't it? The Xpert theme has been improved several times and I highly advice to update it.

As for blog items - do as follows:
    1. edit home page
    2. find shortocode (element of design) named 'Post Grid' or 'Post Masonry Grid' and EDIT it by pressing pencil icon
    3. new window appears with several tabs, find tab 'Item design' and click it
    4. pick 'Xpert post layout' from the list
    5. press 'save changes' and update Home page
    All the Best.
  • I'm sorry but that choc=ice is simply not available on my end. This theme has been a huge dissapointment and overall wast of money I think. Thanks for trying to help but it just isn't working.
    Please send me (ONLY via private message) login credentials to admin panel, I'll do that for You. Of course if it is ok for You.
    All the Best.