Before you ask please READ THIS

Bold text in revolution slider makes the font smaller...

Hi there,

I have this strange issue with the revolution slider of my website. I have put some text in bold by using and , but now the text appears in bold, but has a smaller font... How can I make sure that the font of the non-bold text is the same as the bold text? On a computer screen it isn't that visible, but on mobile, it's definitly visible.

Thx for helping me out! (again ;-)
Anneleen
PS: the website is www.deprojectarchitect.be if you would like to check it out.

Comments

Hello Anneleen

I'm not sure if you know this ;) but you must change the fonts and other elements on different resolutions: http://nimb.ws/TOml2N

With Regards
    Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
  • Hi there, yes I know :)
    That's not the issue. The font looks ok in the revolution slider. No difference in font-size, but when I check the website, or the mobile versions, only the bold text looks smaller for no reason. It's a strange thing... Is it possible to set the text bold without using the code? It probably is behaving different because I use this instead of the regular bold-setting? But I can't find it under 'style'...
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 422
    Hello again

Now I see the problem (to be honest I didn't know what you meant at first ;) ).
    Yes, you can't use the option to bold these texts because such options do not exist :)

Try to use "strong" instead of "b". It looks like some other styles try to rewrite your style.

Let me know if it works.

With Regards
    Daniel
    Post edited by Daniel on
    Lead Graphic Designer
  • Hi Daniel,
    No unfortunately still not working. I used 'strong' instead of bold, but still the same outcome...
    Hello again Anneleen

It looks like the Revo Slider issue. I can try to find solution here in comments but it will look like ping pong because im not sute what cause the problem ;)
    Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

With Regards
    Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
    Hello Anneleen

I spent on this case more than an hour and to be honest I didn't find what is causing the bug. I fixed this by adding font-size:16px to the strong tag.

With Regards
    Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
  • Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much! It's a strange thing. Happy you could solve it :)
    Anneleen