Before you ask please READ THIS

Menu Overlay & Contact From Styling

in FatMoon Posts: 293
Hello

Still loving your templates but ran across a new couple new issues.

1. Menu overlay
a) I'm using the menu overlay combined with a onePage navigation. the menu works but the overlay doesn't go away on click and there fore you have to click the overlay awy to see the content.

b) Some of the onepage menu rows, still go hiding below the header instead of starting right below the header.. any way of solving this?

2. Styling the contact form
While css makes the background changes fine the text of the imputs fields doesn't react to my code (see screenshot). For some reason the dropdown menu text does react to the same code...

Thanks for your precious help!
Pascal

Comments

forgot the link: Metropol.myhostpoint.ch
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)
    FLYART said: I'm using the menu overlay combined with a onePage navigation. the menu works but the overlay doesn't go away on click and there fore you have to click the overlay awy to see the content.
    In thise case I would use classic menu, as it has option to hide after selcting menu options. Menu overlay currently doesn't have such option, but I will add it to TODO list.
    FLYART said: Some of the onepage menu rows, still go hiding below the header instead of starting right below the header.. any way of solving this?
    For one-pagers, the Best version of sticky header is Hiding when scrolling down option. This way header never hides your content while user scrolls down your page, but when he try reach menu be scrolling up it shows up.
    FLYART said: While css makes the background changes fine the text of the imputs fields doesn't react to my code (see screenshot). For some reason the dropdown menu text does react to the same code...
    I believe these are placeholders. When you will enter text there it will be black, as you want. It is good to have placeholders in a different color than text.

With kind regards.
    Hello and thanks you

For the menu overlay that would be great if it could be solved as my client really wishes no "classic menu" :) Where is that "hide after selecting menu" option being set?

Thanks for the setting proposal for the sticky header variant.. I will use this!

For the contact form: yes theres are placeholders. But In their preset color version I don't like the color so I'd like to be able to stylize these texts to the color of my choice.. any thoughts on that?

Thanks
    Pascal
  • AirAir
    FLYART said: Where is that "hide after selecting menu" option being set?
    It is in Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Main Menu → Close mobile menu after click. In next update I will make it work also for overlay menu, to not double on this option specially for overlay menu.

I am working now on some tweaks for GDPR, so in few(10 at max) days update will be released, as We have released update just yesterday.

For placeholders you can try CSS from this answer https://stackoverflow.com/a/2610741
    You can prefix it with .wpcf7 class.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Air said: It is in Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Main Menu → Close mobile menu after click. In next update I will make it work also for overlay menu, to not double on this option specially for overlay menu.
    As this setting is for mobile menu only, I think that after all, I will have to create a new option in theme settings:-) Cause it needs to work also on desktop devices :-)

Such small correction.
    Thanks once more for the brilliant support!
    The CSS for the placeholder works like a charm.

I didn't realize that was just for the mobile menu.. that is set already! But as you said it should also work on desktop.. so I'm looking forward to that update (also concerning the tweaks for GDPR)

Thanks, Pascal