Before you ask please READ THIS

Socials Shortcode Colour on hover

in Rife Posts: 87
Hi

I am using the shortcode to show social icons in footer - I have added a custom colour to the shortcode but I guess this is not how to do it!

Is there a shortcode way to have white active and custom color on hover please?

Thanks

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

Unfortunately, all colors are predefined in CSS.
    If you don't like our colors when you set "color" option for hover, I can help you with custom CSS.

For that, set "white" value for hover param and add this custom CSS:
    .socials.icons-only.white_hover a:hover{
    	color: #fff; /* your color */
    }
    With kind regards.
    Hi - thanks - I tried this in CSS file and customizer - no change. Its not the end of the world.

I guess it has to go somewhere in Elementor? Im using an elementor widget in Footer Column 1

thanks
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)
    Air said: For that, set "white" value for hover param
    This is what you are missing.

With kind regards.
    Hi - thanks

I want white on display and a custom colour for hover so not sure why i would set white for hover??

This is my CSS - set in customizer and style file but I am using an elementor section template that has a shortcode plus the image box..thanks

}
    .socials.icons-only.white_hover a:hover{
    color: #ee990e
    ;
    }

• AirAir
    MyMetta said: I want white on display and a custom colour for hover so not sure why i would set white for hover??
    Could you just do it? :-)

"white" in this situation is a parameter that sets class white_hover that I have given you CSS for. Your CSS will start to work once you will follow instructions to the end.

With kind regards.