Before you ask please READ THIS

horizontal menu too narrow and icon problem

edited February 2020 in OneLander Posts: 23
For some reason my menu is appearing at the bottom of my header rather than in the middle of it - how do i add more white space between the menu and the bottom of the header ? Also when i hover over the words in the menu, an icon appears above the word, but it looks all out of alignment. what's happened? https://snipboard.io/ZrNchL.jpg www.wordalchemists.co.uk
Post edited by Milomolly on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

It seems there are some HTML errors introduced or CSS errors. Not sure what exactly happens.

It seems you don't use the logo in your header right? Maybe try to switch to another header variant in Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Type, variant, background → Variant.

Check if this will help at all.

There is also a chance that some plugin is introducing errors into the page and that is why the layout is affected.

With kind regards.
  • Yes I do use a logo. If you look at the screenshot in my message u can see it's in the middle.

Anyway. Can u help me fix the issue I described please. This is the only variant I want, I just need to make the menu text I the header middle aligned like it's supposed to be, so it is in line with the bookmark and social icons
  • AirAir
    Milomolly said: If you look at the screenshot in my message u can see it's in the middle.
    Maybe on the screenshot it is visible but it is not visible on your website. Maybe you have some cache plugin installed?

Could you please send me temporary* access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on the forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create a new ADMIN account with a fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

*temporary - please delete this account after I am done, for your safety!
  • I have sent you a private message
  • AirAir
    I have deactivated some plugins and then reactivated them and it seems like it solved the problem. Could you check it?

With kind regards.