Before you ask please READ THIS

Remove Category Archives: from Category Page Titles

in Rife Posts: 4
Hello! I would like to remove the words, "Category Archives:" from the category page titles, but I still want the category names to show so I don't want to completely hide the title. How do we do this in the Rife Theme?

Comments

I'm still in the middle of building the website so it isn't live yet, but I attached a screenshot below.
    screenshot-traveljess.com-2020.05.07-11-34-22.png
    952 x 444 - 572K
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

You can do it by editing file in rife/index.php line ~49:
    $_title = sprintf( esc_html__( 'Category Archives: %s', 'fatmoon' ), '<span>' . single_cat_title( '', false ) . '</span>' );
    change it to:
    $_title = sprintf( esc_html__( '%s', 'fatmoon' ), '<span>' . single_cat_title( '', false ) . '</span>' );
    If you want your change to be safe, please use a child theme for Rife Pro, and copy this changed file there.

https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/installation-updating/installing-the-rife-child-theme/

With kind regards.
    Awesome, thank you!

Is there an easy way to add a different featured image to each category page too? *Would you like me to create a new thread for this question?
  • AirAir
    traveljess said: *Would you like me to create a new thread for this question?
    It would be best, for your new questions not related to the main topic :-)
    traveljess said: Is there an easy way to add a different featured image to each category page too?
    Do you mean the image that appears behind title bar?
    Best would be to use custom CSS with a class for a specific category
    .category-beauty.posts-list .title-bar.outside {
        background-image: url(http://192.168.1/4/2018/11/pine-small.jpg);
    }
    Replace part category-beauty. You can find this class name in <body> element.

With kind regards.
    I'll create a new thread next time, but thank you sooo much! That's exactly what I was trying to figure out. Thanks!