Before you ask please READ THIS

Issues with Safari

I love the theme. Works awesome in Chrome and Firefox. And even on mobile in Safari. HOWEVER, I am having an issue with Safari on my desktop. I am running version 12.0 - which I am aware is not the most current. But is not that far behind. The issue is this: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: IntersectionObserver. From some google searching I have found this might have something to do with Elementor and safari, but I am not seeing the issue on any of my other Elementor designed sites (I have done 3 or 4 with the builder so far). Do you guys have a work around for this? Note -- I have upgraded to Elementor Pro. Happy to send whatever credentials you need to access the site - just let me know. THANKS!!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey Elizabeth :-)

Could you share a link to your website where the issue happens?
    Also if you could share a link to your google findings it would as well help.

With kind regards.
  • Sorry for the slow reply. I finished designing the site with my client. But I am still having viewing issues in safari on desktop and also safari on ipads. Phones work great and so does desktop in both chrome and firefox.

Funny thing is ... I have another license of this theme. Using it for another client with a different hosting provider -- and I am not having any viewing issues in safari on my desktop -- but on the ipads the text is all missing -- just like the first site.

I am going to give you both site links. https://newirth.tv/ and http://staging.prewittandco.com/ (this is the one that works okay in safari desktop)

Could you please take a look. I love the theme but I really need it to work across all platforms. :) As I am sure you can understand.
  • AirAir
    Hello Elizabeth :-)

I have just checked your website on desktop Firefox and on Safari on iPad, and I can not find what is missing in the Safari version.

Could you mark on a screenshot what is not displaying, becasue I feel like searching for the needle in the hay stack ;-)

With kind regards.
  • I replied via email with my screenshots attached yesterday. Please let me know if you did not receive them.
  • Actually ... decided to add them here as well --- just in case. In my email I mentioned that I will be needing to purchase 1 more license for this theme -- if we can figure this issue out. So that would be 3 licenses of the theme! So hopefully we can get this straightened out. :)
  • Safari Desktop --- newirth.tv
    The other site staging.prewittandco.com looks fine on desktop in all browsers.
    newirth_safari_desktop1.jpg
    1000 x 625 - 549K
    newirth_safari_desktop2.jpg
    1000 x 625 - 548K
  • Safari Ipad newirth.tv
    newirth_ipad1.jpg
    1000 x 1333 - 731K
    newirth_ipad2.jpg
    1000 x 1333 - 913K
  • Safari Ipad staging.prewittandco.com
    prewitt_ipad1.jpg
    1000 x 1333 - 823K
    prewitt_ipad2.jpg
    1000 x 1333 - 278K
  • Note: Both websites look and work great in Firefox and Chrome on desktop and also on my iphones in safari. I design websites for a living and this is an issue I just have not run across before.
  • Sorry .. last one. I thought you might like a screen shot of what I see coming up as errors when I try to load newirth.tv in safari (on desktop).
    Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 8.19.05 AM.png
    2880 x 1800 - 4M
  • AirAir
    Elizabeth said: I replied via email with
    You probably replied to not monitored e-mail. Please reply here on the forum as you did now.

As for your issues that you have described - I can also see them on my old iPad. Strange that they are not visible on Chrome, when the browser is narrowed.

As far as I know Safari has few strange issues with rendering layouts.
    In the past, we ran into some issues in Safari when we have used moving background images that were stretched. It gave very weird glitches.

We had to switch to more static backgrounds, to solve issues in Safari. Our demos suffered on this, but at least it worked everywhere :-)

I suspect that there is something that you have set when setting up the layout in the Elementor that triggers these issues.

On your place, I would copy this page, and make some experiments on this copy until you will find out which setting gives these glitches.

For example: remove all sections besides one that has white margins. Check on Safari if margins are still there. If they are, play with settings of the section, or try to recreate it from scratch and check on each step on Safari the final result.

Unfortunately, it can be a painful and time-consuming process to find out the source of each issue.

Damn you "Safari glitches" :-)

With kind regards.
  • I am so not a fan of Safari and I am a MAC girl! All of your suggestions make sense. I will work on things and see what I can come up. Will keep you posted. :)