Before you ask please READ THIS

Contact Form - Not showing Success Message

in Rife Posts: 3
Hi

I recently upgraded to Pro to get support on this issue.

I have a contact form from Contact Form 7 on my website. When the form is filled out and submitted, it clears the information you provide but does not display a successfully sent message.

I've also gone into troubleshooting mode with just Contact Form 7 and tried it with a default theme and it displayed the message but when I tested with the Rife Theme it does not.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey there :-)

I have just checked it. It seems Contact form 7 changed the way they display messages.
    Please add this custom CSS to make a quick fix.
    .form-info,
    span.wpcf7-not-valid-tip,
    div.wpcf7-response-output{
    	display: block;
    }
    I will also change it for the next update.

With kind regards.
    Hi,

I'm quite new to WordPress so I'm not sure if I'm putting that custom CSS in the right place but it doesn't seem to have fixed the issue.

I tried putting it in the additional settings of the contact form itself, as well as in the Additional CSS under Appearance > Customize but neither of those made the success message appear when submitting a form.

Please advise what I'm doing wrong

Thanks
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)

Could you share a live link to your website?

Add your custom CSS as explained here https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/customizing-the-theme/custom-css/

Be sure to clear cache in your browser after it. Also if you have any cache plugins enabled - disable them while doing custom CSS changes.

If it still not work, please leave the custom CSS added, a I will take a look on your website what is going on.

With kind regards.
    Hi

After clearing my cache on my browser I received the message as I wanted.

I'll keep an eye out for the update with the fix included.

Thanks a lot
  • AirAir
    Great to hear!

Have a great weekend!