Before you ask please READ THIS

Blog sidebar

edited December 2012 in Hypershot Posts: 38
Hey there!
Very nice theme!
Got one question (for now ;)).
I turned off the Blog side bar (Hypershot theme > Blog & Archives), but somehow the sidebar still shows up on the main (blog) page. Any idea how come?

Regards

Comments

• edited December 2012 Posts: 38
    If I remove the widgets from the Blog sidebar everything is okay. But I want to have a side bar displayed at the single post page, just like your demo.
    Any ideas?
    Post edited by AlvaE on
  • AirAir
    Hello dear user. I think the post that was just under your will have answer http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/2611#Comment_2611

You can also send link to your issue so I could see it on my own, also useful information would be telling if you use masonry blog or classic style?

With regards.
    Hey,
    Sorry, the blog is masonry blog style.
    I'm sorry but I'm having some problems with my site, so I can't send you a working link right now.
    I do have the exact same issue as the thread you posted, but I do not see a solution in that thread..

Just like rim_light the masonry blog shows up like this:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2188035/front.png

Just like rim_light I TURNED OFF the side bar like this:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2188035/blog-archives.png

The side bar, however, still is being displayed. Maybe the function 'blog sidebar' isn't working properly?

Regards
  • AirAir
    Thanks for answer. I have just checked my version few times in different config and I still can't reproduce this issue.
    Could you please send me temporary access to your WP and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message.

With regards.
  • Good to known that I'm not the only one with this issue...
  • AirAir
    Yea good indeed :-P
    Still I need someone to give me access to his installation so I could find why you encounter this issue. Meanwhile I will try again to recreate this issue on my installation.

Thanks for all help.

With regards.
  • BTW: can you please tell me where the option is stored in the database? maybe there is something wrong in our case - as it's not a problem for most user...
    I've sent Air temporary access, so hopefully all will be resolved soon :D
  • AirAir
    OK. AlvaE that was big help!! Thanks a MILLION!
    So it turns out to be two things.
    One is that: if you setup your theme like here http://apollo13.eu/docs/hypershot/#!/adding_frontpage (set some empty page for front page) and then choose in theme settings to use blog as main page then it would work proper.

Second is that, that I wanted to be bulletproof for such situation but I made check points in not proper order and that is my issue.

So to solve it you can either use above solution or/and change code in advance/utilities.php line ~175

if( is_front_page() ){
    if($force_full_width || get_post_meta(get_option('page_on_front'), '_widget_area', true) == 'off'){
    define( 'FULL_WIDTH', true );
    $mid_classes .= ' full-width';
    }
    }
    elseif( is_home() ){
    if($force_full_width || $apollo13->get_option('blog', 'blog_sidebar') == 'off'){
    }
    }
    to

if( is_home() ){
    if($force_full_width || $apollo13->get_option('blog', 'blog_sidebar') == 'off'){
    }
    }
    elseif( is_front_page() ){
    if($force_full_width || get_post_meta(get_option('page_on_front'), '_widget_area', true) == 'off'){
    }
    }
    It will land in next update. Thanks again.

With regards.
    It works now, thanks a lot Air!
  • Yeah! It works! Thx a lot!