Before you ask please READ THIS

Main Menu drop-down on hover instead of click to view?

Hello, I wasn't able to find this specific question in the documentation or the forum. Is there a way to enable the main menu to drop down when you hover instead of requiring a click to view? I didn't see a setting for it in the Customizer. Thank you in advance.

Comments

liquidreflex said: Is there a way to enable the main menu to drop down when you hover instead of requiring a click to view?
    Drop down on hoover?
    What do you mean by Drop down? The animation to show the menu? It would be hard to show menu on hover - you would need to hover hidden menu ;)
    Please provide example of what do you want to achieve.
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
  • Yes, the sub-menu of the main links that drop down when you click. They would like that to open up when you hover instead of having to click. Visitors are not knowing there are additional pages in the sub-menu if they do not click on them. In the attached example, a user could hover over the About and the menu below would appear instead of needing to click on About to view the additional menu options.
    Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 10.52.28 AM.png
    1195 x 307 - 308K
    Hi,
    you can mark the existence of submenu with 'Submenu/mega menu open icons' in Customizing >> Header settings >> Main Menu.
    As for the hover-opening submenu - I need to check and double check it.
    All the Best.
  • AirAir
    Please refer to answer from here http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/4385/menu-style

In short - not an option :-)

With kind regards.
  • Thank you for the response.

To mark the existence of the submenu, I tried to enable as you specified by enabling the submenu open icons in the Customizing Header Settings, but it doesn't seem to be holding the change. When I enable it and click Save and Publish, the button appears to stay correct, but when I go to the site it does not appear. When I go back into the settings again to look at it, the setting is back to disabled.

Any ideas why?
    well
    liquidreflex said: Any ideas why?
    not right now.
    Could you please provide login credentials to admin panel? Send it via private message.
    All the Best.
    Hi.
    The very first thing to do for you is to update the FatMoon theme. You're using 1.0.4 version with latest WordPress and it's highly recommended to update to the latest 1.1.5.
    All issues should disappear.
    All the Best.
  • Hi, I just updated the theme to the latest version and tried to enable the icons again and despite the update, it is still not showing on the main menu. Can someone take a look and see what other possible reasons could be? Thank you
    Just did it for you.
    I simply enabled Customizing >> Header settings >> Main Menu >> Submenu/mega menu open icons.
    All the Best.
  • That is strange, I did that same thing and it didn't work. It seemed like it saved the settings but when I left the page and navigated back, it would show the setting that it was not enabled. Thank you for however you got it to work!
    I'm having an issue with my submenu on the vertical layout - they are not showing only the first parent layer. I clicked on Customizing >> Header settings >> Main Menu >> Submenu/mega menu open icons and it does not seem to stick. Help!
  • AirAir
    Hi BMAC!

Please start new topic and add there link to your site so I could see what is the problem.
    Btw. are you sure you have setup your main menu proper like shown here http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#!/adding_menu

With kind regards.
    Thanks all. I managed to figure it out. It was a caching issue with Chrome.