Before you ask please READ THIS

Site not loading on iphone 5s?

Hi, Firstly, I love the template :-) I've encountered a strange problem though. I'm building a site for a client, and it works perfectly on my laptop, my PC, my windows phone and my ipad. However, my clients have iphones (5s) and tried to view the site on those and nothing loads! They just get a blank screen - same problem on both phones. Do you have any idea why this would be happening? Obviously it doesn't look too good if the site can't be viewed on an iphone...

Comments

I forgot my URL! It's http://www.karisbuilders.ca/karis
    Thanks
    I've asked some friends to check; the site works on iphone 5, but not on 5s or 6 (on those devices it is just a blank white screen). This is quite a big problem...
  • AirAir
    Hello there:-)
    ihweb said: Obviously it doesn't look too good if the site can't be viewed on an iphone...
    What about our theme demo - does it also not work on these devices?

I have checked it on my iPad and it also died, but only on Chrome, on Safari it works. I think what we see is preloader screen cause there is some Java Script error. However I can't debug it on iPad so we need more info.

Have you done any modifications? http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/12/before-you-ask-read-this-#reporting_issue_rules

With kind regards.
    Hi, I checked the site on my ipad2 and it worked OK. I am making the site for someone else - they are the ones with iphones - so I asked them to check the theme demo; that works on their iphone 5s.

I have not made any modifications to the theme in css, js or php, I just installed the theme and put in my own images and pages. One thing I have noticed is that the 'loading' animation is not working (in any browser I try) although I have it turned on... I don't know if that could be connected.

I checked the link, here is the info:
    List of ACTIVE plugins.
    Apollo13 Thirteen Post Types
    Contact Form 7
    Envato WP toolkit
    Facebook Open Graph, Google+ and Twitter card tags
    Featured Galleries
    I Recommend This
    WPBakery Visual Composer

(all plugins came with the theme. I have not activated Woocommerce because the site doesn't require it. I've not installed any of my own plugins.)

Wordpress version number.

Theme version number you are using.

Have you made any code modifications(CSS, JS, PHP)? If yes write what you changed.
    none

Hopefully you can work out the cause, we really love the theme!
  • AirAir
    In that case I think I will have to take look my self.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

With kind regards.
    Thanks, I will send you a message with that info now
  • AirAir
    It is strangest bug I have ever seen. I am almost sure it is server related. What was happening was that when site loaded on iPad or iPhone probably, then jQuery script was not visible for site. When I opened this script in browser to be sure it really exists then it started to work. However I think same is also problem for other files, as it loads now, but layout looks not proper on my iPad. Maybe file user.css is not loaded now, I will check now ...

Nope it was not that.
    Maybe it is some setting in hosting admin panel for mobile devices?

I have no idea what is causing this strange things. Could you try different hosting just to be sure what is this issue connected to?

With kind regards.
    Hi, I've installed the site on a different web host. I've not made all the style modifications to this new site but I've set it up to be basically the same. Could you check this site? I will ask my friends to take a look on their iphones...
    http://www.acadianaromatics.com/testsite
  • AirAir
    It works much better! I hope this was source of the issue. However I will test again when you will setup whole page.

With kind regards.
    Interesting! So should I contact my web host about this? I'm concerned about putting other WP sites on that host in case the same problem occurs! Any idea how I should describe the problem to them?
  • AirAir
    Well I must say I would have problems to describe this problem even in my native language :-)

But you can say that your site is acting weird on this hosting while being viewed on mobile, while exact copy of this page is acting as expected on mobile on different hosting. You can say that for example jQuery library was not loaded while viewing on iPad, but it was loading proper on desktop.

I know that this description can be treated as "theme issue" by your hosting provider, but ask them do they suspect any part of configuration of their server that could be doing weird things for mobile devices.

With kind regards.