Before you ask please READ THIS

Has any one been able to have another slider on homepage together with the album list?

edited January 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 39
Hi

I have everything working in my home page, with the brick view, but would like to set up a slider on top of them (like in the atached image). I have a Slider plugin that offers the posibility of inserting a shorcode or theme function. Tried both but none work. Any idea how to do it?

Thanks
Gonzalo
slider.jpg
400 x 379 - 74K

Comments

• AirAir
    Inserting slider on such custom page will require some extra work and styling. I got no info if anyone tried this before.

With regards.
  • Lets think it another way. Is there a way of putting a short code calling the album list into a regular page.

;)
  • AirAir
    edited January 2013 Posts: 10,970
    There is no such shortcode :-) Too big job for shortcode - that could make mass of conflicts that we rather would to avoid.

Still if you are familiar with PHP and some CSS I believe you can push down div#mid(in bricks album) by inserting before it some other element(for slider) without much of conflicts.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Sorry no PHP expert :(

Ill see what I can find. If I get the solution I will post it back here.

Thanks

:)
  • Air

I did it. Still solving some issues. As soon as I make it work totally, I´ll post the solution.

Gonzalo
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 39
    Done

Install Soliloquy Slider and follow instructions until you create a slider. When done it will give you a php code to insert into the template. In my case I did so in albums-list.php on line51. Remember to put the code inside a <?php code that Soliloquay gives you ?>.

<?php if ( function_exists( 'soliloquy_slider' ) ) soliloquy_slider( '1371' );?>

Remember that the number 1371 can change case to case

And that's it. It works OK and it even gives the possibility to make it translatable via WPML:

I still have to solve a problem about aligment in center of page. Can you give me a hand on this?

www.proinsus.com

Thanks
    Gonzalo
    Post edited by proinsus on
  • AirAir
    Good job;-)
    Add this custom CSS:
    .soliloquy-container{
    margin: 0 auto;
    }
    With regards.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 39